Quantcast

@@@ 6AM Thursderp GMT @@@

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So 4h of sleep today, on a day off because I promised my friend I will walk the dog with him. The dog is great though. Amstaffs are barrels of joy and strange idea. Now to get some car paper stuff and try to sell my old trailbike.

One good thing that made my day is RATM fans discovering the band was political.
103313962_10158272275554906_298596025712428340_n.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

not bad at all. I think my rub needs more sweetness and I might baste with a mop or brine next time, as the pork was a little spicy and didn't balance the flavor well. had good heat for 10.5hr so I can at least try to have more fun next time!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
dogs fed, espresso consumed and it was good. major dump coming. The heat wave has broken as it is only supposed to hit 80 today. I'd rather go back to sleep but off to work I go. Oh yeah I have getto duty, kevlar kind of day methinks.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Seems I may have to think about finding another source of income. Client informed me that head company want to move most tech pubs work to India. He was able to keep me on the boat for now, but I'm no fool.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Humid as balls 6 mile run done early this morning. I was dripping wet when I was done, and it's not even that hot out. Also, it is driver's license renewal day! :weee: :dead:

Seems I may have to think about finding another source of income. Client informed me that head company want to move most tech pubs work to India. He was able to keep me on the boat for now, but I'm no fool.
Canada and the US should pass legislation to prohibit offshoring of work and to require companies that have already done it to phase it out over two years (the delay's because it takes that long to plan and implement such a change).

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.

not bad at all. I think my rub needs more sweetness and I might baste with a mop or brine next time, as the pork was a little spicy and didn't balance the flavor well. had good heat for 10.5hr so I can at least try to have more fun next time!
I prefer my pulled pork NC style, with vinegar and red pepper, that said, the dry rub I usually make has a good amount of brown sugar in it relative to the other ingredients. Here's the basic recipe, I'll usually scale it up to have plenty on hand, and for a mop I'll take a tablespoon of this and mix it with a cup of apple juice/cider.
  • 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
  • 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
  • 4 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Went to ask for advise on FB yesterday regarding the best way to go about selling some old bikes I don't ride anymore. Got tons of inquires from friends and ended up selling 2 of them without having to deal with random crazy people (who aren't my friends). To quote Ice Cube... "gotta say it was a good day".

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I prefer my pulled pork NC style, with vinegar and red pepper, that said, the dry rub I usually make has a good amount of brown sugar in it relative to the other ingredients. Here's the basic recipe, I'll usually scale it up to have plenty on hand, and for a mop I'll take a tablespoon of this and mix it with a cup of apple juice/cider.
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
thanks for the tip, I need a new rub too. How often do you mop and what smoker do you use? I thought I didn't need to because vertical water smoker, but I think I was wrong.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
i have the dino bbq dry rub recipe which i find to be really good. i make it in fairly large batches.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went to ask for advise on FB yesterday regarding the best way to go about selling some old bikes I don't ride anymore. Got tons of inquires from friends and ended up selling 2 of them without having to deal with random crazy people (who aren't my friends). To quote Ice Cube... "gotta say it was a good day".
i'm still amazed at the size of the riding scene in the rochester area

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
How much meat is that for? If I take half that sugar amount, I could eat that and it sounds good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How much meat is that for? If I take half that sugar amount, I could eat that and it sounds good.
generally when people make dry rub its for however much meat it will cover. when i make mine, the recipe makes close to a quart and i keep it stored in an airtight jar.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speaking of this week's winds. It appears the tree out front has a widow maker hanging about halfway down. Going to have to get creative to get that sucker out.
start far out and work your way back. If it's high up or will imbalance the tree, sometimes it's worth calling in an arborist to do it so as to keep it balanced without killing the tree. Some things have a cost-benefit ratio that needs a professional.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. More continuing education, as it has to be completed today. Bunch of meetings cancelled, so I might get it all done by eod vs. late night.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Continued mild allergy symptoms, and car left outside overnight was coated in pollen, so that's that.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
That recipe there, in those quantities, should be good for an average sized picnic shoulder or Boston butt, ~5-7lbs. I scale it up, like I said, and keep it in a mason jar, sprinkle a little on pork chops, burgers, etc, for a little extra flavor when I'm grilling.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
thanks for the tip, I need a new rub too. How often do you mop and what smoker do you use? I thought I didn't need to because vertical water smoker, but I think I was wrong.
I'll mop every couple of hours, usually when tending the fire. Here's a vinegar sauce that matches up with that rub recipe just perfectly:
  • 1 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dope. now I got a brine, rub, and mop to try.

I generally like my pulled pork slathered in BBQ sauce (prefer Dino bcuz upstate) but appreciate BBQ in all it's forms. I remember when I was like 12 going to a NC bbq place and asking for BBQ sauce for their pulled pork. Oops.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
dope. now I got a brine, rub, and mop to try.

I generally like my pulled pork slathered in BBQ sauce (prefer Dino bcuz upstate) but appreciate BBQ in all it's forms. I remember when I was like 12 going to a NC bbq place and asking for BBQ sauce for their pulled pork. Oops.
i've recently become a fan of carolina mustard style bbq sauce.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i've recently become a fan of carolina mustard style bbq sauce.
BBQ I had in Charleston (from a James Beard award winning restaurant no less) was perhaps some of the worst I've ever had. It would appear they like their stuff dry, and slathered in very vinegary BBQ sauce. Not good.

Now Austin's BBQ on the other hand...:drool:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sat on top of the continental divide (see photo in campers thread) because I've got to wait for a work phone call despite being on PTO...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
BBQ I had in Charleston (from a James Beard award winning restaurant no less) was perhaps some of the worst I've ever had. It would appear they like their stuff dry, and slathered in very vinegary BBQ sauce. Not good.

Now Austin's BBQ on the other hand...:drool:
Funny, the one place I managed to get BBQ when in Charleston for a wedding a few years ago sucked balls too. Forget the name of it, but it was more disappointing than watching Laura's friend marry the wrong guy.