Quantcast

@@@ 6AM Thursderp GMT @@@

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
BBQ I had in Charleston (from a James Beard award winning restaurant no less) was perhaps some of the worst I've ever had. It would appear they like their stuff dry, and slathered in very vinegary BBQ sauce. Not good.

Now Austin's BBQ on the other hand...:drool:
The best BBQ I ever had was in a parking lot of a dam on the GA-SC border, from a smoker on wheels pulled by a brodozer. All four BBQ sauce styles were present.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Canada and the US should pass legislation to prohibit offshoring of work and to require companies that have already done it to phase it out over two years (the delay's because it takes that long to plan and implement such a change).
100% agree.
Does your idea include manufacturing (and it's related pitfalls for environment) or just desk jobs?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The best BBQ I ever had was in a parking lot of a dam on the GA-SC border, from a smoker on wheels pulled by a brodozer. All four BBQ sauce styles were present.
similar. I had some ribs from an amateur competitor who did it on the weekends. He had his own smoking rig and would sell racks on the side. They were amazing.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
ftfy. and in NC, there are two different preferred styles, depending on what part of the state you're in.
Fair enough, I did not sample the BBQ in NC.

The stuff we got in Georgia was crap too, though Georgia Boys in Longmont, CO is fabulous. So, verdict is still out on Georgia.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I know what it is. :p

Why's it needed for single track? Hand cut trail is so much nicer to ride and look at. But I guess takes much longer to actually build..
Yeah, but I want my 4 miles singletrack nao!!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I shall choose to ignore this grossly slanderous and defamatory accusation, and refuse to dignify it with a response.

I have lost my taste for sweet things as I get older especially in foods that are not dessert like. Not a fan of sugar based sauces unless I am putting it on a waffle.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
i'm still amazed at the size of the riding scene in the rochester area
The riding scene has gotten much bigger in the past 5 years. Dryer Road Park and OCP are way more developed and Bay Park West is really great as well (newer place semi-near Tryon).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Finished my CE. 8hrs to do 5hr Social Security and Medicare course. 3hrs to do 7hr investment courses. Guess I know where my skillset is focused.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Smart man... I've been out of stocks for awhile now. To be honest, I watched this most recent rally with incredulity... I mean, I knew the market could be irrational, but it was getting ridiculous.
Well it shit 5% today. I didn't make money, but I didn't lose any of it.

Where is stoney in this mess?

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Well it shit 5% today. I didn't make money, but I didn't lose any of it.

Where is stoney in this mess?
Today sucked, but the recovery since early March has been good. 40-ish % plus the benefits of all that low buying.
I'm pretty conservative. I tried trading a few times and was lucky to break even ( :shakefist: oil! pharma!!) but rather I invest and wait.

my big plan is to sue Stoney for failing to save me from my own damn self, that should net a few bucks.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck my hip hurts... hands were full so I tried pulling the car door open with my foot. Nope, huge bolt of pain shot through my leg. Now it hurts to even lift my leg to take a sock off.

Ughhh. God damn noob sprawled on the trail. Yeah its your fault!

I know it's really my fault :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This has been my M.O. for the last 20 years... but I got the fuck out recently because I have no interest in riding that train down to 15,000. The market right now is a goddam clown-car, and I don't want any part of it.

I keep my money in various managed index funds until I hear people saying shit is going to keep going up when it makes no fucking sense then retreat.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’ve stayed in the market through this all, and bought a bit extra on sale. Would have bought more but for compensation dropping—better that than being out of work, I suppose. Betterment tax loss harvested a bunch for me during these dips.