Quantcast

6point7 (aka 7point light)?

Jun 21, 2007
Boston
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with running a 6point7 setup? I'm looking to build up a new frame and have a 8.75x2.75 dhx5.0 that i could use..

90% of the time I ride trails in the greater boston area (lynn woods, vietnam, etc..) and try to get up for a few DH weekends each year (4-6 days usually)..

my days of hucking drops to flat are pretty much over but i'll still throw down on pretty much everything out at highland mtn and vietnam (and the few drops in lynn that aren't totally flat), so i need a bike that can take some abuse but don't think need a 45lbs monster like my current stinky.

anyways, i was thinking having a 6point7 setup would be nice because it would be a reasonably light bike for the aggressive trail riding/fr that i mostly do but having the full 7" of rear travel would allow me to have fun on those few DH weekends that i get in every year.

anyone have any experience with running this setup? or with how well a regular 6point will take some abuse? my friend rides a 7point, and i really like it, but if the 6point is well built i think i would prefer this for the geo and wieght savings (plus i'm a solid 20lbs lighter then my freind anyways)

any input from people with experience riding a 6point or 6point7 would be great. also, if anyone has input on how the 6point stacks up against the sx-trail (my other possible frame)....thanks!

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
the 6point is sick. i like mine. it's totally versatile. climbs great, corners great, takes jumps and drops nicely. mine's 35lbs and feels pretty beefcake.
i had an 04 enduro before this bike, i realize it's different than the new SX trail, but i'd take my 6point over my old enduro any day, for any type of riding.

have you considered the new 08 7point? it looks like a 6point with headtube gussets.

but, from what you explain, the 6point7 would be pretty sweet for your intentions.

Jun 21, 2007
Boston
i was initially drawn to the reignX.. great looking bike with a great spec but my freind just got a glory0 and has been having major issues getting a new derailuer hanger for it.. apparently giant has no customer service line to call, you have to do everything through bike shop.

does anyone know the BB height of the reignX... it's not on giant's website.