Quantcast

7/7 2005 almost a year

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
ukjason said:
Okay this is serious now as i was thinking about this today.

I cant believe its almost been a year.
jason
Seems longer to me. I so hope we don't hang on to this as long as the US is hanging onto 9/11. It's all history now.

Cue P&WN

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
This is coming from me, a hardcore, Bush hating liberal: We shouldn't forget events like that. They are tragic and overplayed, and surrounded by conspiracy, but nonetheless, at least in 9/11, thousands of innocent people lost their lives in one catastrophic event. Kind of like the JFK assassination for my parent's generation, this has been burned into my memory. I remember exactly what was going on as I was watching the news in disbelief. I don't think it should or can be forgotten, but God forbid it cost us the lives of our soldiers as well. However, it does a disservice to those who died to milk this as a reason to go to war.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Fun Fact: I was in Vegas for interbike and Vail for Worlds the week after september 11th, as soon as the planes started flying again.

I was in London 10 days after the bombings on my way through to Ft Bill.

I think I am drawn to disaster. Next time I fly I am sure to be detained for posting this, thanks to carnivore.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
ukjason said:
not to sure if i agree we should never forget
Remembering is one thing, allowing it to scar the national pysche is another. Allowing governments to ride roughshod over hard-won rights is still another.

Edit: to clarify, it is 18/05/06 and you're posting (on a predominantly US forum) about it being nearly a year since 07/07/05. Why?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
fluff said:
Edit: to clarify, it is 18/05/06 and you're posting (on a predominantly US forum) about it being nearly a year since 07/07/05. Why?
Have you read any of his other post... par for the course.:rolleyes:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
ukjason said:
i just thought it might be a point of intrests you dont have to read or reply to it
Why did you think that? I'm not trying to be a dick here, but what is your point?

Yes, it was a tragedy, but only really for those involved, the victims, their family and friends, the rescue workers etc. I just don't want to see my country wallow in grief for the hell of it.

Remember when Diana Spencer died in a car crash? What the hell was the week of OTT mourning about from millions who had never met her? Allowing this to go the same way cheapens the memory of those who died IMO.