Quantcast

7 Springs and WISP

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Looking for some info on these resorts. Hoping to do a 2 week trip up north at the end of June, early July. How are the trails? How many day should I expect at each? Any campgrounds or places to stay near by? These are appealing because there open during the week. Also gonna hit SS and Beech on weekends, maybe Bryce. Thanks

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Looking for some info on these resorts. Hoping to do a 2 week trip up north at the end of June, early July. How are the trails? How many day should I expect at each? Any campgrounds or places to stay near by? These are appealing because there open during the week. Also gonna hit SS and Beech on weekends, maybe Bryce. Thanks
Wisp ranks well behind Beech. They have some cool rocky terrain but its a slow lift and a flat hill. I've never been to Seven Springs but I don't think it's a huge park either. I think it would be worth the driving to skip Wisp and Seven Springs and head to Mountain Creek.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Wisp ranks well behind Beech. They have some cool rocky terrain but its a slow lift and a flat hill. I've never been to Seven Springs but I don't think it's a huge park either. I think it would be worth the driving to skip Wisp and Seven Springs and head to Mountain Creek.
MCBP would definitely be better than Wisp or 7 by a mile. You would have significantly more fun at 7 over Wisp. Lift is very fast so you can get a ton of runs in. Its more jump/berm type trails. There are some 'DH' trails but they are largely man made and dont have a natural feel IMO. If you cant get to MCBP I would recommend spending more time at Snowshoe. I thought they were open during the week peak season (maybe just with a shuttle operating and no lift?) but I could be wrong. And I would pass up Wisp all together...

EDIT: It looks like after 06/27 Snowshoe runs the Basin side 7 days a week and the Western side Thursday-Sunday.

Last edited:

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Mountain Creek would be fun but just don't want to add another 3 plus hours to an already 16 hr trip. The main reason is there open during the week, SS has the GNCC thing going on, and SS annual pass allowed you to ride there on the pass. Might have to move my weeks around. SS and Beech are a must.

Muller would WISP be worth a day from 7 springs to SS?

Last edited: