Quantcast

7 Springs Slopestyle Demo

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
With the 24 hours going on this weekend and the slopestyle demo with all the guys up on the mtn this will be THE weekend to go to the springs. Hope to see everyone out there.

Seven Springs’ Downhill Bike Park Celebrates First Anniversary with Pro Invitational Slopeside Demonstration
1 p.m., Sat., Aug. 30 – Mon., Sept. 1, 2008
Seven Springs Bike Park is stoked to celebrate one full year in operation!
In order to properly commemorate the occasion, we’ve invited some top professional freeriders for a pro, slopestyle demonstration.
Helping us mark this event are riders:

Chris Van Dine of Cannondale Bicycles, Troy Lee Designs and Skull Candy
Eric Porter of Haro Bikes, Kenda and Hayes
George Ryan of Jamis Bikes, SRAM, Protec and Vans
Joe Prisel of Union Street Bikes and Ray’s MTB Park
Randy Spangler of Santa Cruz Bicycles, Oakley and Marzocchi
Tyler McCaul of Specialized Bicycles, Spyder and Fox Shox

The Alpine Bike Parks staff is diligently constructing a pro-level slopestyle course designed to show off each rider’s best high flying tricks and aerials. The course is located at the top of the bike park, near Tahoe Lodge, right under the Polar Bear Express. Riders will perform daily demos at 1 p.m. this Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Don’t miss this opportunity to come up to and celebrate this special occasion and witness a show that will truly leave you speechless!
For more information about this event, please call Seven Springs Adventures at (800) 452-2223, ext. 7397.
*Please note: This is spectator only event. The pro jump line is not open to the public.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
demo was great we packed the course in early and they had a great sesh...

Van Dine was doing his classic roll, McCaul was throwing mean whips, ryan tucks, spanger whipping for days...Porter hurt his hand a bit

The downer on sunday was Joe breaking his tibia with a spiral fracture trying a tuck back flip, he went huge and looped out, sorta killed the buz.

Lots of good shots, cant post many of them but ill post up some junk ones later.

Hoopde13

Chimp
Jul 12, 2008
annapolis,MD
I wonder if the course will remain as an expert trail cause that would be amazing? also anyone else know of any trail progress? I wanted to head there next weekend, and was wondering if they added any new trails.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
No pics... No vids... No new trails... no new progress! Still fun... trails are fast right now...

BTW... I saw the video footage of the freeride weekend... either the guy filming forgot to press the button marked "RECORD" or he was SUPER ULTRA MEGA selective in the footage he edited down and showed to us... 2 days worth of filming ≠ 3 or 4 minute top to bottom run. :disgust1:

Sad to say... some people seem to be dragging feet and seem to be focused on other things, certainly not focusing on the bike park's progress!

it is difficult for me to say, but I hope our hard work and all of the effort put in this year is not an exercise in futility. Certainly feels like it... that is if the next phase is not started soon! We are in prime building season right now. I am slightly disjointed from the park right now because of my full time gig, but I have been getting updates when I am working there on the weekends.

I think they are trying to hire a "BIKE PARK MANAGER" that would focus on just the bike park.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yep! closed during the week but open on the weekends! I think the plan is to stay open through sometime mid-late October. But who knows with weather etc.

the little rain we just got should calm down the dust and make the trails sweet for the weekend's riding!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i took a ton of pictures for the resort for the demo, i'll get some posted up...

Like i said above the demo went good Joe got pretty screwed up with a spiral of is tibia doing a man size tuck back flip on the tricker step up...

It's brungeman's time of the month, there are still big plans in the works for the resort but they are carefully planning approach and trail layout.

Look for a second lift and aggressive style dh trails on the back side which should atleast double the length of the runs from the front side. There is alot of great natural terrain on that side that make for some great rock drops and natural terrain that the east coast guys love. Stay tuned kids...good things a comin.

S

seespotendo

do you know when the back side of the is mountain going to be opening up?
sounds tight!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
not sure yet. If the transition is made to the back side it will blow your mind! The terrain is prime, and will complement and contrast the front side trails! I guess dependant on that descision and when the green light is lit, you may see stuff over there by opening of 09 season! That my friend would be the dogs bollocks! :cheers:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Rode up at the Springs today. Conditions were muddy(only in sections) in the morning, but after lunch everything was prime and tacky. Turned out to be an awesome day. Seven Springs has got a good gig going on, everyone is super nice and their trails are superb. We stuck to 007 most of the day which was a super fun trail.

It takes us 3 1/2 to drive to Wisp and 3 hours to drive to Seven Springs...I think Seven Springs will be our new destination other then Diablo.