Quantcast

7 springs went OFF...Pics buddy

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
So this weekend was nuts, the resort has come up big, tons of riders showed for the free weekend. Lots of talent stopped by to throw down, i took about 11 billion pics and matched that number with the beers i drank, just walked in the door and had to get these up, enjoy im sure JW will comment on much of this, it was good to see everyone from the board up there riding.

There are tons of great places to ride in the park but i kept the camera in the car most of the weekend, hope the variety makes you feel like you were there...

cheers

_bill

my bro going HUGE

springs isnt just for dh bikes

my other bro jon a little to fast for the shutter speed

sunset!

i love this...stock shots suck

if you ever wondered what kona looks like this is it...the man the legend

ray from rays park brought this gem, should be out this season, its fast and deadly look out

are you talking to me? if you see this bro props i like it

i said i hate stock shots, got all seasons on this one

nice looking table on superconnector had to include

buddies from hell

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I was up there on saturday, bikes everywhere!! Cool to see that so many came out to session the hill. Lift line was a bit large, but the riding was good. The trails were fun, found a nice rock drop at the top of EC1 (at the split to the right). There was a decent mix of tight tech stuff, berms and of course, table tops. I see where there ideas are going and it looks sweet! Can't wait to see some new stuff. With the drive under 2 hrs from Hagerstown...worth it!
Good Job!!
-Sweet pics too!!

Bmac

Last edited:

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Nice pics! I was hoping to take some sunday.. but then that rain came through and washed those plans out. :( Did it ever clear up? Please tell me I was smart to leave at 11 on sunday :(

I really liked the trails and the staff all seemed really enthusiastic about being there! 007 was really fun for me since where I usually ride consists of mostly technical and non-flowly stuff.

Nice meeting you up there too Bernie.

Last edited:

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Nice pics! I was hoping to take some sunday.. but then that rain came through and washed those plans out. :( Did it ever clear up? Please tell me I was smart to leave at 11 on sunday :(

I really liked the trails and the staff all seemed really enthusiastic about being there! 007 was really fun for me since where I usually ride consists of mostly technical and non-flowly stuff.

Nice meeting you up there too Bernie.
...shoulda stayed:cheers: Trails were perfectly tacky.

akern2

Chimp
Dec 4, 2007
Nice pics. I kinda had the feeling that Kona would look like that. And you also made me realize that Mongoose was the Nuggest...only wish they had the Boot'r out as well.

Although runs were short, the trails deff. made that up with it being so much fun. 007 is smooth, flowy, and all around awesome. EC1 made me focus more, being steeper and rough terrain, but once you get a couple of runs in, it's really fast.

Just an awesome weekend. Trek as also stepped up their game. The Session 88 is really scary fast.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I've never seen so many props for a place that has mild jumps, bmx riders and zero pictures in a "woods" setting.
Man you gotta actually ride springs, and understand what the end goal is. A park cannot be successful on the 'core' market that is why you see places like snowshoe not really developing. Look at a place like whistler and crank it up or any of the other green/blue trails, beginners have a blast on those and they are similar. 7 springs is putting the park together for the masses first there is plenty of woods riding available right now I just didn’t shoot it because I was working and or riding.

What is built now is quality stuff, and don’t worry there are plans in the works for very aggressive dh stuff. If you don’t know springs is in a very rocky spot just sit tight and dont hate on a good thing. When the guys from alpine designs were walking around they were losing their minds on the natural terrain on the back side.

Hope the helps a bit

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
A park cannot be successful on the 'core' market that is why you see places like snowshoe not really developing.
not developing? where do you come up with all of your snowshoe info? continue to speak for your resort and we will read your updates. i'm not going to derail your thread with updates of snowshoe's 3 machines and big mountain style of riding not developing.

it looks like your trails are fun.

Last edited:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
not developing? where do you come up with all of your snowshoe info? continue to speak for your resort and we will read your updates. i'm not going to derail your thread with updates of snowshoe's 3 machines and big mountain style of riding not developing.

it looks like your trails are fun.
I don't agree with that assesment of the Shoe either! After working for just a short time with 7 springs I can say I respect the work that is done and all of the difficulties encoured by build crews when trying to put in new trails! If you work for a resort you know what I mean... it isn't as easy as when we built in the local woods! :twitch:

I hope that the people that "The DH" spoke of, head to the bike shop and lay down some $$$ for a new rig! I hope those that were at 7-springs had a fun time, and enjoyed the offerings. If one person learns how much fun DH riding is and gets into it, we are all winners! This week 7-springs, next weekend that rider may take a trip to SS or Wisp! All the resorts will win! OH AND the kid on the BMX was a hoot, he tried a few demo bikes out earlier in the day, and then got his BMX bike out to ride 007. He said he had 4 spots on the mountain that he would stop to allow his arm pump to mellow! :biggrin::crazy: He was having a blast and really killing it!

Stoneysnake, I would love to see some current updates!
~~ninja edit~~ Snowshoe was my gateway drug for DH'n and no matter what my affiliation is with any other mountain, it has a special place in my heart!

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah that comment was a bit off base, didnt mean anything by it except for i havent seen much still love riding snowshoe.

Regardless keep this one on track seemed to be a really positive vibe on the mtn this weekend, the more spots the better...East coast is really killing it right now.

Brunge yeah that kid on the 20 was getting arm pump from hell, i rode the lift with him a few times he was a ripper.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
I've never seen so many props for a place that has mild jumps, bmx riders and zero pictures in a "woods" setting.
a smart@ss comment like this from someone whose signature says "Let's go urbaning!"...?? give me a break.

might wanna sit this one out son....

all in all, it looks like seven springs is starting to step it up and that's exactly what the East needs more. the trails look fun and it sounded like a fun weekend of riding.
that pic of 'Kona Jeff' is cool as hell!

Last edited:

The DH

Monkey
Jun 17, 2008
richest state in the nation
a smart@ss comment like this from someone whose signature says "Let's go urbaning!"...?? give me a break.

might wanna sit this one out son....

all in all, it looks like seven springs is starting to step it up and that's exactly what the East needs more. the trails look fun and it sounded like a fun weekend of riding.
that pic of 'Kona Jeff' is cool as hell!
Annnnnnd once again proof that whatever someone put in their profile is to be taken seriously...however, it is mocking people like you.

I could probably out run you down the hill so don't tell me to sit this one out. I like tech., steep lines and I'm sorry but I feel thats what DH is. Too many resorts coming out with these smooth flowly lines tells people anyone can do it which i understand from a business point of view but I don't think it's "that" fun.

In the end you're just gonna have to get over it.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Hey "THE DH" why dont you post up your real name along with some recent "DH" results and lets see where you stack up against the rest of the people on this board. I was the first person to speak up and say that 7 springs right now is not tech at all, but if you actually went and got off your computer and went up to 7 springs you would see the potential the area has. The trails that are up there now are "Gateway" trails to get money flowing into the resort so steep tech dh trails can get built. Keep that in mind before you go shooting off your e-mouth :disgust1:

The DH

Monkey
Jun 17, 2008
I'm Dustin, everyone knows me. You're a "factory" rider that likes to throw your bike around and cop 'tudes with yourself. No need to "post my times" when I get told to "sit this out" I leave my ego at the door, I am who I am on the computer and in real life....REAL and IGNORANT.

Was that hard? I have nothing to hide Mr. contradicting.

Get over it,this is my opinion based off pictures..I didn't diss your mom or egg your car so simma simma now.

Last edited:

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
Definitely good times. My wife and I only spent the morning riding, but she got hooked and we'll be back. We're even looking into a freeride bike for her so that we can avoid having to rent. :thumb: We didn't get any pics, I forgot the camera, but the 7 Springs photogs got a couple of us.

Brungeman spotted us on the lift, my wife got a kick out of the XXXL jersey comment (that was me in the XXXL, not my wife :eek:). You guys are doing a great job keeping up the trails, it's obvious that the soil gets loose up there when it rains. The berms and lips of jumps were still in great shape despite all the rain we've had.

I agree with the bottom up approach that 7 Springs has taken building these trails. Appeal to the masses, once you've got the participant numbers to sustain the operation then focus on building some expert terrain to retain the core riders. Diablo took the opposite approach and are just now getting into developing more beginner and intermediate terrain (and doing a pretty good job too, from what I've seen). I didn't get to ride EC1 and 2 and the connector, but from the little that I rode them last time they should be a blast.

Does anyone know if their are plans to build a "training zone", like the progression drops that Diablo has or the several training areas at Whistler? That would be great for those of us who would like to work on bigger drops and riding skinnies and that sort of thing.

Manhattanprjkt83 and dh rookie: awesome pics. Makes we want to get back up there and get some good photos. Hopefully one of these weekends soon.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Definitely good times. My wife and I only spent the morning riding, but she got hooked and we'll be back. We're even looking into a freeride bike for her so that we can avoid having to rent. :thumb: We didn't get any pics, I forgot the camera, but the 7 Springs photogs got a couple of us.

Brungeman spotted us on the lift, my wife got a kick out of the XXXL jersey comment (that was me in the XXXL, not my wife :eek:). You guys are doing a great job keeping up the trails, it's obvious that the soil gets loose up there when it rains. The berms and lips of jumps were still in great shape despite all the rain we've had.

I agree with the bottom up approach that 7 Springs has taken building these trails. Appeal to the masses, once you've got the participant numbers to sustain the operation then focus on building some expert terrain to retain the core riders. Diablo took the opposite approach and are just now getting into developing more beginner and intermediate terrain (and doing a pretty good job too, from what I've seen). I didn't get to ride EC1 and 2 and the connector, but from the little that I rode them last time they should be a blast.

Does anyone know if their are plans to build a "training zone", like the progression drops that Diablo has or the several training areas at Whistler? That would be great for those of us who would like to work on bigger drops and riding skinnies and that sort of thing.

Manhattanprjkt83 and dh rookie: awesome pics. Makes we want to get back up there and get some good photos. Hopefully one of these weekends soon.
I am glad you and your wife had a good time! Did you folks get a chance to demo some bikes?
if so, I hope that helped in making choices as far as bike purchases!

The suggestion of progressive drops is a good one! I like how SnowShoe has the drops at the top of the mountain that range from curb height all the way up to head high. I always get a kick out of "granny and grampy sight see'er" standing at the fence watching people hit those drops and them going EWw AHhh Oooh!

There are a few spots for possible skinnies up in the woods that will help get people accustomed to seeing them. I can't say for sure but these types of additions and similar ideas to yours, have been recieved well by the main design crew and the mgmt crew!

Thanks for the input, and I will see you back on the MTN! Let me know when you are coming up! :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I also saw one of the 7 Springs guys w/ a real nice video camera. Wouldn't mind seeing some footage either. Great change in topic! Bring on the media!
Joel shot several tapes of riding over the weekend! The footage is being assembled into a nice composition. I will keep you posted as soon as it is done and available. (I may hear something in the morning about it) :thumb:

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Joel shot several tapes of riding over the weekend! The footage is being assembled into a nice composition. I will keep you posted as soon as it is done and available. (I may hear something in the morning about it) :thumb:
I just want to say this in advance... if there's a vid of me falling towards the top of the mt at that really steep part of ev1, it's because the dude hiding in the grass spooked me. :imstupid:... and I was tired.... and my tire pressure was too high, and some other believable excuse.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I just want to say this in advance... if there's a vid of me falling towards the top of the mt at that really steep part of ev1, it's because the dude hiding in the grass spooked me. :imstupid:... and I was tired.... and my tire pressure was too high, and some other believable excuse.

Way to hot, sweat got into your eyes and also dripped onto your front rotor.

-Can't wait to see the footage.

B.

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
Pics look good. Will be making a trip soon. Heard nothing but good stuff. Nice to see some buff stuff instead of the usual East coast tech gnar!! Big props to Judd and the boys from Alpine!!!

Last edited:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
sorry to hijack, but i couldn't resist. this guy is a trip.

Annnnnnd once again proof that whatever someone put in their profile is to be taken seriously...however, it is mocking people like you.
mocking "people like me"? don't you find it difficult to stereotype people who you've never met before? seems like that would be challenging...

I could probably out run you down the hill so don't tell me to sit this one out.
this was the funny part. maybe if you're referring to Downhill Domination, but otherwise, i'd suggest not writing a check with your mouth/hands that your @ss can't cash. take a seat buddy.

i thought we left all the b!tching behind when we left the VA. forum......

oh well to get back on track....I will probibly be going to 7Sp. for a couple of days during my time off. Is there cheap lodging (less then $100) available?? Or do I have to stake out some floor space next to Heinz on JW's floor???

DK
C
F,Md.

The DH

Monkey
Jun 17, 2008
sorry to hijack, but i couldn't resist. this guy is a trip.

mocking "people like me"? don't you find it difficult to stereotype people who you've never met before? seems like that would be challenging...

this was the funny part. maybe if you're referring to Downhill Domination, but otherwise, i'd suggest not writing a check with your mouth/hands that your @ss can't cash. take a seat buddy.
The best part is that we have met :bonk: 19-29 ex sr :wave:
Personally I don't know anyone with an ass that can cash checks:crazy:

You need to LIG this because as we all know I won't stop shooting you down.

Dave- that'll never happen unless the Va people stop coming in here :greedy:

Hoopde13

Chimp
Jul 12, 2008
annapolis,MD
Been to 7 springs twice and I'm pretty impressed especially for only having been open less than a year. I had the opportunity to meet Randy Spangler and some of the trail crew the second time, and it seems they have big things planned. Me personally I'd like to see some big jumps and "slopestyle" part like they have in the winter. From what I have seen though it looks to be promising in the next year or so.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Been to 7 springs twice and I'm pretty impressed especially for only having been open less than a year. I had the opportunity to meet Randy Spangler and some of the trail crew the second time, and it seems they have big things planned. Me personally I'd like to see some big jumps and "slopestyle" part like they have in the winter. From what I have seen though it looks to be promising in the next year or so.
Just sit tight, natural dh lots of it, slopestyle builds, larger jumps...it is all in the plans...and you wont have to wait until next year.:cheers:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Thanks man! It was great to meet you! Nice transfer as well! good eye! PS I checked for rocks, and there aren't any in the edges of the weeds so good on ya! Hip it up! I will do a more thorough search further in, just to make sure!

I will be in touch! Let me know next time you are up in the area!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
a few from last weekend:
spangler x-up

spangler flatty

lift close

chill factor = 10

Lift service is rad

Beer Collection we put a dent in

go ride