Quantcast

77 THIRST DAY 666

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Morning Monkeys,

Only two more days in the current job, stoked to be moving on.

Enjoying the delicious irony of management asking me to translate a new unit's manual today in my remaining time...

umm no your failure to purchase me the CAT software I demonstrated months ago is literally the reason I got a new job. Feel free to contract with me and you can have it by the end of next weekend.

Crickets in response.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
This week is dragging.

Planning on fucking off early today to get in one last day of hunting before my special permit runs out. Maybe my luck will change, maybe not. Best case is a freezer full of meat, worst case, I get in a nice walk through the woods.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was up later than I should have been framing. Had gotten a little sidetracked recovering from thanksgiving, but making progress again. Also perhaps being a bit meticulous on the door frame, but I've never done it before and want to get it right

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
have to work some. need to close a PO before end of year.
Hope to be able to play outside soon before I turn into an disgruntle a-hole.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I really need to do a little Christmas shopping for the girlfriend. Hmmmm.

Also need to work on the fat bike tonight as I don't think this snow is going to really melt away any time soon.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I really need to do a little Christmas shopping for the girlfriend. Hmmmm.

Also need to work on the fat bike tonight as I don't think this snow is going to really melt away any time soon.
got mine ready last week. Need to find some spare gripstuds to garnish missing spots on my bud&lou

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
got mine ready last week. Need to find some spare gripstuds to garnish missing spots on my bud&lou
I live on the wild side and ride without studs.

In reality, every time I look at studded tires I'm absolutely blown away by the cost of them. $500-600 for a pair of tires, yikes. That's almost half the cost of my entire fat bike.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I live on the wild side and ride without studs.

In reality, every time I look at studded tires I'm absolutely blown away by the cost of them. $500-600 for a pair of tires, yikes. That's almost half the cost of my entire fat bike.
Last year was my first with studded tires. Thanks to @johnbryanpeters for his used pair of studded B&L. I must admit, with the kind of winters we have now, they are a game changer. Fully agree that the price they go for is ludicrous, but since they hardly wear, you'll have them forever.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
back from the dead, though I feel like death. had a couple of really busy days, no opportunity to take care of anything besides work. Yuck.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh, today's 1wp- the fridge I wanted from home depot is NO LONGER ON SALE.

shenanigans, where will I store my extra sodas?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Fridge getting repaired. Type of damage can be impacted continuous exposure to excess heat (see fan from drying process), but no way to confirm. So, I'm likely out $400.

Someone in Hannah's class tested positive yesterday, so her class is closed until the 15th. FTS at level 12. Told boss that my work level will be dropping to near 0 and he said 'okay'.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
On the subject of Covid, I finally get to meet my staff today after spending the first six months at this job completely remote. We are getting together for an ugly sweater group pic ahead of a division Zoom meeting next week. It'll be nice to meet everyone. Masks and six feet distancing required.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
on the subject of remote working, it's been confirmed i'll be remote through at least March. that'll make a year and counting. :popcorn:
We've been told to expect WFH through May. I want to make it to June just so I can say my entire first year has been remote. I was reluctant to start working remote, but now I don't want it to end. It's going to suck going back to an office. And apparently I get an actual office instead of a cube. That'll be a first for me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Serious question....how can you do your job 100% remote? I thought you were an engineer of some sort, though forget what type.
i do packaging design & validation for orthopedic implants (MD field), and assist with production implementation. i've just been having materials / samples sent to my house. i had to go into the office once thus far to hand off a few parts. I'll need to go in again in January once, maybe twice. it's just that i've happened to have a lull in testing.

since none of the labs and the vast majority of the manufacturing sites aren't local, i just coordinate things remotely anyways. we've just been leveraging the lab technicians moreso than usual.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just curious, are your numbers way down this year?
Because my new gig is...quiet.
The good news is that I negotiated a base salary until net on commissions exceed that salary.
i had a call yesterday with the bosses yesterday asking how I could kick things into overdrive, they said ‘just chill, bro, there will be pent up demand when this Covid thing abates’.
im going fat biking today with zero guilt.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
On the subject of Covid, I finally get to meet my staff today after spending the first six months at this job completely remote. We are getting together for an ugly sweater group pic ahead of a division Zoom meeting next week. It'll be nice to meet everyone. Masks and six feet distancing required.
say hi....im joe biden...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just curious, are your numbers way down this year?
Because my new gig is...quiet.
The good news is that I negotiated a base salary until net on commissions exceed that salary.
i had a call yesterday with the bosses yesterday asking how I could kick things into overdrive, they said ‘just chill, bro, there will be pent up demand when this Covid thing abates’.
im going fat biking today with zero guilt.
from what i've heard they were for a while when elective procedures were getting postponed, but things are back on the upswing.

i deal primarily with NPI, so we've been full steam ahead.

for anyone interested, this is a product i worked on that launched earlier this year

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What industry are you in?

I'm in bioprocessing, so this year has been business as usual, considering our clients are drug makers. A lot of our business is in virology and vaccine development, so those segments have been busier than ever I'm sure.

Q3 financials were great, which means fancy bike stuff come bonus season *insert monocle*

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I'm in bioprocessing, so this year has been business as usual, considering our clients are drug makers. A lot of our business is in virology and vaccine development, so those segments have been busier than ever I'm sure.

Q3 financials were great, which means fancy bike stuff come bonus season *insert monocle*
medical device - orthopedics. my company's portfolio includes spine, CMF, and trauma products (plates, screws, instruments, etc), but because of my experience / expertise i work primarily in the biomaterials part of our business, which includes a lot of TSP (i'm our local SME), so i work with a lot of distribution logistics.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

also, i have friends / former colleagues at Janssen. they have been BONKERS busy.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
from what i've heard they were for a while when elective procedures were getting postponed, but things are back on the upswing.

i deal primarily with NPI, so we've been full steam ahead.

for anyone interested, this is a product i worked on that launched earlier this year

Electives slowed to a crawl here (the hospital is 100% full), so they expect irritated doctors, as this is when the make their “my deductible is paid” elective crowd money. This is usually the biggest surgery month, and there are crickets.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Electives slowed to a crawl here (the hospital is 100% full), so they expect irritated doctors, as this is when the make their “my deductible is paid” elective crowd money. This is usually the biggest surgery month, and there are crickets.
yea, i don't have much involvement / exposure to the sales side of things, other than sales forecasting to work with procurement & vendors to work on pricing and volumes.