Quantcast

77 THIRST DAY 666

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You mean like how every fridge on the planet is located?
I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else, but someone posted a picture of a house with an open layout 1st floor (kitchen/dining/living room areas), and they put the fridge IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING SPACE. Even built an alcove around it.

Was hilariously bad. @Adventurous was that one of the gems you saw? Might have been on reddit or something.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Now only up $100 on the saw. Losing hot dogs.
Har har. That's referred to as mental accounting and a great way to fuck your finances. When you have $x built into a plan and you get more for that amt of money, then getting ahead logic works. My plan got accelerated by the opportunity, but the funds are still budgeted for.

This whole shit show is just impacting the emergency fund, which is why they exist. Balance sheet and cash-flow statement will just have longer adjustment periods for re-funding of savings accounts and emergency funds. This whole structure is why I will be done working no later than 60; potentially by 55 - before the girls are through HS.

Sometimes I wonder how Wifey puts up with this shit...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Like when the back of the fridge is in a tight corner or some other poorly ventilated spot?
Backed into a corner. Left side is a wall to the ceiling, back is wall to the ceiling, right is the counter. There is only 1" of space on each side and the fridge was pushed up against the fan to get it out of the middle of the kitchen.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Har har. That's referred to as mental accounting and a great way to fuck your finances. When you have $x built into a plan and you get more for that amt of money, then getting ahead logic works. My plan got accelerated by the opportunity, but the funds are still budgeted for.

This whole shit show is just impacting the emergency fund, which is why they exist. Balance sheet and cash-flow statement will just have longer adjustment periods for re-funding of savings accounts and emergency funds. This whole structure is why I will be done working no later than 60; potentially by 55 - before the girls are through HS.

She's put up with you for this long hasn't she? Clearly a glutton for punishment. :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

You're a homeowner AND have kids.....you should know proper emergency fund is $5(x+1)k, where x = number of hot dog saw purchases

Somewhat related, parents called me today asking if we want in on the family burial plot they're looking to buy for them, my brother and his family and mine. Told my mom wife wants ashes scattered at sea, and if all goes well with me, nothing left to bury. Not amused.

You're a homeowner AND have kids.....you should know proper emergency fund is $5(x+1)k, where x = number of hot dog saw purchases

Somewhat related, parents called me today asking if we want in on the family burial plot they're looking to buy for them, my brother and his family and mine. Told my mom wife wants ashes scattered at sea, and if all goes well with me, nothing left to bury. Not amused.
My father went into Greenwood Lake and my mother into the Charles River.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Nothing left...everyone going to have to eat your body at the wake? Really gives meaning to the term man portions.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good night ride tonight. Hero dirt, no wind, some wet spots but not too bad. Speed sensor already paying dividends - I no longer clock shorter distances and lower speeds than my bud. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Seems like a tremendous waste of real estate and wood putting bodies in the ground to rot.

Hell, pitch me in the woods and let the circle of life fulfill itself once this vessel goes dark.
Fun Fact: During the middle ages it was believed that one must be buried on hollowed ground to go to heaven. So many people were buried in some English church yards that the ground is now several feet higher in elevation than when the churches were built.

I'd go for a Himalayan sky burial.

Or just ceremoniously chucked into a wood chipper to traumatize my family.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Fun Fact: During the middle ages it was believed that one must be buried on hollowed ground to go to heaven. So many people were buried in some English church yards that the ground is now several feet higher in elevation than when the churches were built.

I'd go for a Himalayan sky burial.

Or just ceremoniously chucked into a wood chipper to traumatize my family.
The wood chipper would be sweet. A Viking funeral would be killer too.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I plan on checking myself out when quality of life diminishes to sub-nominal levels and I become a burden to my next of kin.

Hopefully in the most magnificent and mysterious of fashions.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Today I

donated blood (shall know current antibody state in a few days! probably still negative)
worked a nominal half day
oversaw elder kid riding OneWheel
partook in Snöbahn carpet "skiing" and did not take to it particularly well, very awkward (kids and wife also did this)
drank some eggnog and pumpkin spice Yeti stout

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The lyrics were amazing. But I had to not watch the video, it cheesed it up a bit too much.
i am totally NOT a typical folk listener. sorry for the visuals-it was the first vid that came up for the song.
wife got into them way back in the day. dave's dead now, but tracy still plays. drum, hat, buddha; tanglewood tree; and when i go are all pretty dang good albums.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I generally consider going for a long walk into the snowy mountains or maybe Thelma & Louise as my options for check out.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
What a conversation. Funny how different demographics view and discuss this topic. I wonder if babyboomers have this discussion in this tone?

That said, if / when the need ever comes, I also think a really long walk deep in the snowy mtns would be the way to go.