Quantcast

8===D Soonday GMT 8===D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Rode Deer Creek with Stoney and his buddy. Was slow as expected going up. Down was sure fun, though.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Got ass handed to me by some racer boi friends but had a great ride.
Who'd a thunk 2 weeks off the bike with accelerated beer consumption would hurt my fitness?

Shat myself inside out due to some bad Mexican from last night. (thanks Obama).
That meal was added insult to fact that I was at a hall & Oates concert last night.

I still feel dirty despite free tickets and seeing some old but hard to connect with friends.
We turned our row into an epic bong shed and had a great time people watching at a classic outdoor venue.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Eastbound and down, heading home. Gonna try and push all the way through, should hit my pillow around 2am.

The last few days of riding have been stellar. Couple of great rides in South Lake Tahoe, then knocked out a lap in Downieville. Downieville trails are cool, would like more time to explore some of the less popular routes for sure. Did a big ride in South Lake Tahoe that included a stretch on the Tahoe Rim Trail and ended with a screaming descent down Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. That trail is made out of dreams, puppy farts, and unicorn jizz. Blew my mind so hard.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Got ass handed to me by some racer boi friends but had a great ride.
Who'd a thunk 2 weeks off the bike with accelerated beer consumption would hurt my fitness?

Shat myself inside out due to some bad Mexican from last night. (thanks Obama).
That meal was added insult to fact that I was at a hall & Oates concert last night.

I still feel dirty despite free tickets and seeing some old but hard to connect with friends.
We turned our row into an epic bong shed and had a great time people watching at a classic outdoor venue.
fun fact: john oates was one of the celebrity residents of the tiny town in ct that i grew up in, others being woody allen/mia farrow and mike sawyer/diane nichols. pretty lame group, eh?

putzing around the house drinking lots of coffee so far today. might take the 6yo out for a ride later. probably need to restock the beer shed too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello dudes and perhaps dudettes.

I met up with some random guy from the local Subaru club forum. He took me on a tour of some trails I've not ridden before. Fuck. It was XC tech and constant up up down with steep punchy climbs filled with roots, more roots, rocks and even more baby head rocks. That was probably one of the most physically demanding rides I've done.

Now I'm drinking beer, washing the bikes and relaxing.

Finally got around to putting some decals on the Turner..or one decal I should say. :headbang:

After I hit enter I'm grabbing another delicious ice cold beer.

Almost forgot, I'm making tacos tonight. Yay.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

I met up with some random guy from the local Subaru club forum. He took me on a tour of some trails I've not ridden before. Fuck. It was XC tech and constant up up down with steep punchy climbs filled with roots, more roots, rocks and even more baby head rocks. That was probably one of the most physically demanding rides I've done.

Finally got around to putting some decals on the Turner..or one decal I should say. :headbang:

Haha...

Buddy!.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I'm currently wearing that shirt!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yard work all weekend... tacos for dinner, homemade fuckin elk tacos that is.

Want to go play on da ridges after dinner. We will see. Ominous clouds look ominous. Maybe I should just go peach picking.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went down to Uwharrie for a little change of venue. Got started at about 5:30 ish and it was still silly hot in the woods. Only rode for just under 2 hours and sweat was pouring off me. That place is like riding in the mountains but in beach like temps.

But the trails there drain very well and provide ample opportunity for stupidity. There are a few jumps and tabletops in a row with the last one transitioning into a sharp left berm. I cleared the last jump and hipped into the berm. Another Brief Moment of Being Badass for the angry one.