Quantcast

8====D Thursday *Payday* GMT 8===D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin bitches!

Today is pay day. Today is also maiden voyage on the new bike day. Gonna head up to White Ranch and ride the same route as Sunday so I can have a fair back to back comparison to see how far technology has come in the past 14 years.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies. It rained steady over night but is clearing this morning. High winds will dry out the trails for a mid afternoon ride. I'm going to buy a new pipe cutter to shorten the bars on bike 10 cm at a time until I've gone too far and the I'llv buy a new bar. It's the established pattern.

What bar width do you favor for general banging around?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Rode in; didn't die. Route 3.0 limits me to one unprotected major street crossing and the death leg on the way in. Definitely rode the sidewalk for most of the death leg. Route back I will do the same, as I can't find a safer route at this point that doesn't take me super far out of the way without keeping me on busy roads. Just roads where I am less likely to die. Me and the sidewalks are becoming peeps. Also decided to bust out my mtb shorts over my roadie gear so that I can go up to my office and get my clothes instead of riding in with everything. Change my ~12# bag with gear out to a shell bag 2# with phone, wallet, etc.

Haley decided to go to sushi for dinner last night. They servers found it hilarious that she was opening gifts while we were there, because she decided on sushi. They even surprised her with a mochi ball for dessert. Did discover that we go there too much, as when Wifey and Haley walked in they asked if they should start the California roll and Sauvignon Blanc.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey fellas! Wow it's great to see all you friendly faces this morning I tell ya!

With no morning workouts to do this week, I have been making some extra deposits into the sleep tank. I think that tank may be almost full. Dog woke me up early today and I was all "No problem, dog, let's get up."

Speaking of dogs, both cats went to the vet for checkups yesterday. They are getting old (14) and starting to show it a little, but are both in good health. One of them has a little pain in the back end though and doesn't jump like she used to. It's funny, when she wants to get up in the dining room window, she'll just hang on the window sill with her front paws until someone gives her a boost. We try to leave a chair there for her.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin bitches!

Today is pay day. Today is also maiden voyage on the new bike day. Gonna head up to White Ranch and ride the same route as Sunday so I can have a fair back to back comparison to see how far technology has come in the past 14 years.
What time are you heading up?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin bitches!

Bring your shock pump. You'll probably be making changes on trail.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My Friday. Ride with coworkers tonight; riding the hardtail as brown Santa is bringing a derailleur hanger for the fully today.

Made good progress with the latest landscaping project the past couple days after work, ripping out dying and/or overgrown shrubs and bushes around the shed. Going to redo the area between my shed and driveway to match the front of the house I did last year. This should take about 15 yards of stone to cover vs the 10 it took to do the front, so my wheelbarrow and triceps will be getting quite a workout soon.

Heading out to Glens Falls tomorrow to hopefully pick up a pooch, barring any unforeseen circumstances, such as he lunges for my jugular upon meeting him. Woman lives 5min down the road from West Mountain, which had awesome DH back in the day. Planning to spend a bit of time in the area, specifically Lake George.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Did discover that we go there too much, as when Wifey and Haley walked in they asked if they should start the California roll and Sauvignon Blanc.
there can be benefits to this. when I lived in LA the old lady who was the hostess at my local sushi spot also worked as the hostess at a thai place by my office. sometimes i'd see her 2 or 3 times a week.

the upside was that she knew i was a regular, and sometimes would "forget" to charge me for a drink or something, or my small sake order somehow turned into a large sake order. i'd always sit at the sushi bar, so the chefs there would always recommend what was freshest. once a college buddy was in town for the weekend, and we went there and got into the sake pretty good. naturally in turned into a contest as to who would eat the more exotic sushi. the chefs thought it was hilarious.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Where do you just drop and go camping? I can't find a spot reasonably close available for weeks.
Bandit-camping, man. Anywhere in the Nat'l Forest that has been previously established is good-to-go unless specifically against regulations. Fridays can be tight on the "really-close-to-Denver" locations.

Let me know if you're ever interested in recco's - the big "issue" for most people seems to be the lack of any kind of toilet arrangements. But portable toilets are getting pretty decent and are recommended.

Oh - and quite a few Nat'l Forest campgrounds have (or are completely) 1st come/1st serve. Those campgrounds don't generally show up in the "recreation.gov" reservation website.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yesterday was nice and quiet. Still trying to figure out what all I am supposed to be doing here. I am making it up as I go and it seems to be working so far. Moar coffee.