Quantcast

8====D Thursday *Payday* GMT 8===D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've never not used a pipe cutter for bars and have cut dozens of them with no failures yet, I'll have to research this very controversial and potentially risky behavior.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin bitches!

Today is pay day. Today is also maiden voyage on the new bike day. Gonna head up to White Ranch and ride the same route as Sunday so I can have a fair back to back comparison to see how far technology has come in the past 14 years.
well? did it explode or what the fuck?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Adventurous appeared to enjoy his new dentist horse. Rode with him and my wife in stupid hot temps up Belcher...
*I should also apologize again for it being a no baggy shorts day. I realize the monkey is generally a lycra free zone but 95F and climbing Belcher removes the need for superfluous clothing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Over time all active management loses out to index funds even before the management fee is factored in. I don't believe in unicorns.

I do agree that blanket advice is going to lead to rash decisions/weird allocations but if people had the sense to keep the same allocation but just switch to ETFs/index funds to make up that allocation then they'd see a net benefit, IMO. Of course people don't have that sense in the first place, which is part of the reason he did that piece.
Totally agree. We use index funds whenever available. It's when you're already invested, in index funds, that you decide you can determine appropriate risk level and go rogue, moving away from what is appropriate. We build risk-based portfolios and our mgmt fees are low (usually less than .5% - plan specific). The last few days has been "I don't care what you're telling me. I'm going to do this by myself. I'll be able to choose my own investments." No plan. No idea. Just stating that we are charging them to do what they can do. All I can do is wish them good luck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Totally agree. We use index funds whenever available. It's when you're already invested, in index funds, that you decide you can determine appropriate risk level and go rogue, moving away from what is appropriate. We build risk-based portfolios and our mgmt fees are low (usually less than .5% - plan specific). The last few days has been "I don't care what you're telling me. I'm going to do this by myself. I'll be able to choose my own investments." No plan. No idea. Just stating that we are charging them to do what they can do. All I can do is wish them good luck.
Take solace in the fact that they were fucked long before this. :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Where do you just drop and go camping? I can't find a spot reasonably close available for weeks.
On a wednesday and/or thursday nights? Damn near anywhere I want. It's one of the few benefits of working the fucked up schedule I have. Less interaction with the unwashed masses.

Oh - and quite a few Nat'l Forest campgrounds have (or are completely) 1st come/1st serve. Those campgrounds don't generally show up in the "recreation.gov" reservation website.
Or this. Pack the night before and show up early.