Quantcast

8 days of BMT left

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The fact that you can post while in basic means it's not like ACTUAL military.

Hope you don't sprain your mouse finger :D

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Yeah, WTF? When I went through BMT we got like 2 phone calls...did you get a scone and some espresso with your internet time???

Where are you headed for school?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So then, your 14 years of service was well-spent killing the various brown peoples of the world?
In the navy (11 years) and the National Guard (3 years), you don't kill people. I did nail a lot of hot chicks, though. Does that count?

I got out before they could send me to kill people. It's not my style, but thanks for thinking of me and stuff. I'm touched.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I am waiting for a TS clearnce, so they alowed my to use a computer to find background info (references, school, bills, credit etc). I finished it all yesterday, but I need to wait for an interview.
They told me not to go to any risky websites (email, myspace facebook etc.) and not to get caught by any Senoir NCOs.

So I thought I would stop by the monkey.

A week from today I will be recieving my Airmans coin and I can't wait.

Then off to Keesler for tech school.

6 weeks have gone so fast.

RR

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
In the navy (11 years) and the National Guard (3 years), you don't kill people. I did nail a lot of hot chicks, though. Does that count?

I got out before they could send me to kill people. It's not my style, but thanks for thinking of me and stuff. I'm touched.
If the $hit hits the fan, swabbies and guardsmen alike can be called upon to kill brown people; you were just lucky that Uncle Sam only needed you to NAIL them. What would have happened if you were called upon to do your duty and kill them, though? On second thought, forget I asked...

Looks like someone needs a hug.
Only if it comes with optional happy ending...and, no offense intended, not from you. :biggrin:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What would have happened if you were called upon to do your duty and kill them, though?
They did ask, I said "no thanks" and chose to let my contract expire instead. My guard unit deployed to Afghanistan the last year of my contract and I was asked to volunteer to deploy. Had I gone, I'm sure the opportunity to kill people (brown or otherwise) would have come up at least a few times.

My old unit is currently training for deployment to Iraq this April (not volunteer the way ANA was). I can get you a spot on the plane if you'd like.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Really? Are they now accepting overwight 38 year-old stoners with authority figure issues? Recruitment truly has sufferred of late...
And felony convictions as long as they are non-violent. You can join the Guard at 45, you can qualify for Officer Candidate school as long as you finish before 40.

I only wish I were joking. How do you think RR made it in :D

Awesome.
The Pentagon took a public relations hit April 21, 2008 when a congressional committee released figures showing that the Army more than doubled the number of felons it admitted between 2006 and 2007 -- from 249 to 511. The Marine Corps' numbers also went up, though by a lower percentage, from 208 in 2006 to 350, or about 75 percent.

Burglaries, theft and drug offenses counted for most of the crimes for which the services granted waivers, though nine involved sex crimes and six others included manslaughter or vehicular homicide, according to the committee-released data.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
And felony convictions as long as they are non-violent. You can join the Guard at 45, you can qualify for Officer Candidate school as long as you finish before 40.

I only wish I were joking. How do you think RR made it in :D

Awesome.
Hmmmmm. If I crushed the ASVAB, do you think they'd let me pick my own specialty? I wanna be that coastie who gaffs the huge bails of ditched ganja into the boat. :biggrin:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hmmmmm. If I crushed the ASVAB, do you think they'd let me pick my own specialty? I wanna be that coastie who gaffs the huge bails of ditched ganja into the boat. :biggrin:
In the Oregon Army National Guard, you can serve AND smoke pot as long as you have a prescription and can prove you can still do your job while baked. Because medicinal pot is legal and the guard is a state run organization, you are good to go. :thumb:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
In the Oregon Army National Guard, you can serve AND smoke pot as long as you have a prescription and can prove you can still do your job while baked. Because medicinal pot is legal and the guard is a state run organization, you are good to go. :thumb:
... until you get activated and go through the predeployment physical... heard it happend to some guardsman who were going on AT (annual training) to Korea. They had to go get shots, and somehow a piss test was added to the list. Woops... If you're activated (AT counts), you fall under RA (Regular Army) rules.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
... until you get activated and go through the predeployment physical... heard it happend to some guardsman who were going on AT (annual training) to Korea. They had to go get shots, and somehow a piss test was added to the list. Woops... If you're activated (AT counts), you fall under RA (Regular Army) rules.
And if smoking pot keeps you out of Iraq, it's a win/win!

All the sh!tbirds I knew in the guard did meth.