Quantcast

8*Monday GMT*8

Spent Friday to Sunday at NEMBAFEST at Kingdom Trails, then Millstone on the way home. 50 miles or so of riding, a little under a mile of climbing. In a manual off a bridge, wound up back looping, first time I have done that, then managed it again on a little jump into a sand pit. There's a little blood on my top tube. Friends, food, beer, music, what else could I ask for?

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Good morning! Had an ok weekend. Rode the DH bike on Friday at the local hill. Almost bit it a couple times going down a rock drop I've ridden thousands of times. Cleaned the garage on Saturday. Continuing cutting back the landscaping on Sunday.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHAT IT DO!

50 mile road ride yesterday followed immediately by a 5.5 mile run, better known as a brick workout for you common folk. 7 mile run before work this morning too, with another road ride on the post-work agenda. Tired legs, SIUP.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Cleaned the garage and attempted to mount a new tire for the motorcycle. Tire won, so I'll be taking it in later. Fvcking Metzler tire is stupid tight on the rim. Donated blood on Saturday, 59 more to go and I'll be all paid up.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got in a good bike ride and some geocaching over the weekend. It was pretty amusing I must say. Also did the whole making an offer on a house thing and patiently waiting for the seller who is out of town and cell phone range camping. :(

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Day off, slept in, drank stupid amounts of really good coffee, gonna get some clothes on here in a few and fix the tail lights on the scooter, probably just a fuse but atill, gonna get my hand dirty

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Fitz and The Tantrums tonight @ the Roseland. I am very excited.

Car freaked out Friday night when we were leaving the restaurant. Started fine and was running, but my fuel gauge was zero, oil pressure zero, temp gauge pegged, all my idiot lights on and the display showing every possible error message. We were 5 minutes from home, so I just drove straight there with it bonging and telling me I have limited engine power.

Get it home, I will look at it tomorrow. Take the boat out, had a blast, didn't even look at the car. Sunday I go to pull error codes and no communication with devices. Go online, issue may be common grounds. Redo all the major issue spots, all looked great. Had the battery on the charger, hooked it up and turned the key. All my gauges register, no error codes, try to start it and nothing. Then the gauges go crazy and it won't sotop bonging. Disconnect the battery, take it to Napa.

$110 later, guy at Napa says no way it's just a battery, but the old one was shorted. Drop the new battery in, fires right up, no lights, no errors. Drove her to work today without issue.

Seems there is a relay in the passenger foot well that freaks out if the battery drops bellow 11.5v and causes all sorts of craziness.

/coolstorybro

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Out of the woods on the food poisoning... happy to have normal gastro function restored. Busy week for the working, and stoked to also get some riding in. Yew.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was looking for product reviews and found this. WTF?

Editor Review said:
When i saw <item I'm looking at> within purchase past 30 days back. My partner and i go walking at local mall along with endeavor to test it. I'm keen on that for that reason numerous. As a consequence of top quality in addition to worthy of is actually pleasant as well as <item I'm looking at> possesses additional operate in comparison with option item. As a result We choose to look for the item just one. In case you considering to search for this. We recommend that one. If you definitely not beneficial about this <item I'm looking at> as well as my own examine you&#8217;ll be able to check out clients opinion via down below press button.
:think:

<edit> The bottom of the blog post.

Thanks for the pay a visit to each of our site. With any luck , you will content with <item I'm looking at>. You click to buy Intended for Look at charges below. <item I'm looking at> on you price tag. You'll be able to Buy <item I'm looking at> Online shop.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i saw a 5 pack on amazon. :confused:
A party pack!

I was actually looking at marine amps for boat tunes. Not only was it an awesome read, but it was an obvious copy/pasta with an overly long name repeated where I copy/pasta'd <item I was looking at>, Something like "New 400 Watt 4 channel marine amplifier amp for boats and stuff". :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went on a nice quick ride tonight...

First time in two weeks where I haven't coughed up both lungs and had snot running out of my nose on every corner/g-out.

Yay for not being sick anymore. :weee:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
2013 N7. have been through the google support forums, nothing. no combination of power button/volume works. when usb'd to laptop if throws the qhsusb_dload error which means corrupt bootloader. i'm currently using skipsoft toolkit to see if it's salvageable.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My first N7 died like that. Google sent me a warranty replacement. It just died one day and nothing could wake it up. Good luck!

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
unit is less than a year old, so i should be covered. just frustrating. at least i have other old tablets that are still functional. i'm just pissed because i had a number of good pictures of my cats on there, plus i was like halfway through vice city.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A potential loss of all data is one of the main reasons I do not want another device without a memory card slot; and I do not feel like giving all my private files to the googles of the world either. I have an old Acer Iconia A500 that still runs strong and pisses all over many new fancy ones. It has survived an incredible amount of abuse from my wife, too, she uses it for 99% of her internet browsing and e-book and e-magazine reading. That said, I am over the half assed tablets fad and my next purchase will be a something like a Surface Pro 3 with a real OS and real power that can get real tasks done.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i agree with the lack of an sd card is a poor choice, but the nexus devices truly are some of the best android devices you can get. there are a plethora of free apps out there (aside from google) that allow for automated remote/cloud backup of files. my phone is setup that way. just never bothered doing my tablet.