Quantcast

*8* seconds longer *8*

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Buddy is helping me get minimum I need to setup a ski tuning kit. He's sending me one of the most expensive parts - clamps - because he has spares. Hell yeah!
Get the following:
Wax iron with temp control
Plastic scraper
Metal scraper
Brass, nylon & horsehair brush
1* & 2* edge tool with file
(edit: and diamond stone/files)
Gummy stone
Posidrive #3 screwdriver
and wax.
(edit #2: and a BROOM!)

Clamps are nice, but honestly the least necessary item. 2x4s with an old inner tube work great.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Get the following:
Wax iron with temp control
Plastic scraper
Metal scraper
Brass, nylon & horsehair brush
1* & 2* edge tool with file
Gummy stone
Posidrive #3 screwdriver
and wax.

Clamps are nice, but honestly the least necessary item. 2x4s with an old inner tube work great.
and a broom! :)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
How's the new steed handling on all that ice?
The end of my driveway has never been schralped faster. I seriously can't wait to take it on its first legit ride. Seems.....fun.

I did slip a pedal and bash my shin trying to bunny hop over my son's snowpile creation. Haven't had the pleasure of doing that in 15+ years. At least they're plastic and I had jeans on.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I usually just wake up with a headache, wondering where all the alcohol went, who broke the door, and and why the dog is painted blue
This is the most underrated post in this thread.

Makes one wonder if he does those off his wife's ass, or if she prefers he find a random stripper?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Mirror coffee table bro. Mixed with the crystalized dried tears of poor children.
A bespoke mirrored coffee table that he built himself using dimensional lumber from a plan he bought off Etsy. He was gonna finish Haley's desk, sure... except reasons.

C'caine reasons.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Call Xcel. Telling them that there is large debris on the line should get them out there promptly. Even if there is an expense, it's worth more than your life.
Xcel made it here this afternoon and poked it out with his extending poker stick.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh. Ended a productive bunch of days at work with an awkward conversation about inclusion and ownership in our most important project for this/next quarter. I was hoping for a less stressful start of the holidays. On a positive note, four days sans work ahead, and there is beer in the fridge.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ugh. Ended a productive bunch of days at work with an awkward conversation about inclusion and ownership in our most important project for this/next quarter. I was hoping for a less stressful start of the holidays. On a positive note, four days sans work ahead, and there is beer in the fridge.
Eww. Dont like that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Confirmed skiing with Haley again Saturday. Day after Xmas? Should be a shit show. We'll be trying to stay in less popular areas.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Vinnie's got her new snow shoes, got a set of Blizzaks mounted to the wheels I scored... so we're headin' to the hill in "style" tomorrow: cold beer in the fridge, bring soup to heat up on the stove for lunch (if I remember), and have the house heater to fire up to get warm if needed.

Oh... and a camp chair. I'm definitely bringing a camp chair. And both a left and a right ski.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Vinnie's got her new snow shoes, got a set of Blizzaks mounted to the wheels I scored... so we're headin' to the hill in "style" tomorrow: cold beer in the fridge, bring soup to heat up on the stove for lunch (if I remember), and have the house heater to fire up to get warm if needed.

Oh... and a camp chair. I'm definitely bringing a camp chair. And both a left and a right ski.
What about a hammock?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Noticed today during tension/truing check, 3 of the spokes on the rear wheel are 2mm straight gauge, whereas all the rest are 2.0/1.8 DB. Apparently when I brought 8-9 back to the shop from the original 70 purchased for wheel builds due to crap ends from being cut (wouldn't thread cleanly), instead of chasing threads they cut new ones but didn't use the same spokes.

Explains why I was able to get the wheel perfectly true but a few spoke tension readings made no sense. Hoping to get spokes replaced with correct ones tomorrow and replace/retention accordingly. Le sigh.