Quantcast

888 '04 Vs 888 '05

Apr 26, 2004
Im currently looking at some '05 888RCs...It has be commonly said that '04 888s had their problems with cracking and holes due to quality control, but have these been fixed for '05. Are the '05 888s as reliable a fork as the hype says it is?
I just dont wanna spend $1200 on a fork thats gonna give me problems and generally be a pain in the arse.

Just for info to, did Marzocchi change any of the specs for '05?

Cheers for any help here.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I had an 04 and just bought an 05. I found two things differnect. One was the lower legs had a little more beef around the thru axle pinch bolts on the 05. They had a problem with the lowers cracking between the pinch bolts when people didn't tighten them the same amount. Another thing, the preload on the 04 was set in the highest setting and the 05 was set in the middle setting. Thats the only difference I found.

Lennox

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Toronto, Ont. Canada
Kanter said:
They had a problem with the lowers cracking between the pinch bolts when people didn't tighten them the same amount.
My 04 888r went great for the first season... but i notice a crack on the inner RH dropout, below the pinch bolt. I always torqued to the proper spec and in correct pattern. I just sent it in for warranty on thurs.. so we'll see. I did notice that side always clamped down alot more (to the point each side was touching).
I'm hoping they make good on this pricey fork i purchased :)