Quantcast

888, boxxer team

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Boxxer team and the new 888 are like .2 lbs off as far as manufacturer spec goes so that clears up a weight issue for me. Then it comes down to this "new" dampening in the 888, the rc2x or whatever the hell its called. ANyway have anytime on this bad boy? I'm not a picky suspension/bike setup guy and I hardly notice the difference between dampening systems, partly the reason of getting rid of my fox, i just feel like its so damn expensive and im not a super picky rider like i said and i can just get one of these forks and save myself some pesos.

Money really isn't an option via work, so pretty much anybody have insight into these two? I'm really looking at the 888 vf model as its a good amount cheaper than the new fancy one but like i said if it's really a subpar dampening system in there ill go with the nicer 888. And when comparing the team to the WC I dont see any difference asides from the air, am i correct? I love the weight savings, but I'd rather have a nice reliable fork that doesn't run air, being its the first year that fork is out with that technology and air has always been a tad less plush.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
nixhexss said:
I'm really looking at the 888 vf model as its a good amount cheaper than the new fancy one but like i said if it's really a subpar dampening system in there ill go with the nicer 888.
The vf is subpar. I'm pretty sure it's almost the same dampening system as a jr. T, right? Just shim stacks and no adjustability. If you want plush and adjustable dampening then spend the extra bucks.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
When you say that you are not a picky rider that normally also means that you do not want to be working on or doing alot of upkeep on your bike, you would rather be riding.
Having owned both, it sounds like the 888 would suit you more.
You pretty much get the spring rate right, and the oil level right and ride it all year.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Na, I'd say not picky in terms of suspension setup, thats bout where the non picky aspect ends. I'm a wrench at a shop so working on my bike is second nature and I'm always working on it. But you're somewhat right in the set it up and ride aspect, thats def my approach to suspension which i know is terrible but I just seem to ride it and forget about it to be blunt. I'm sure if someone really set it up nicey nice i'd then notice the difference but im too lazy.