Quantcast

888 Compression Sleeve Alternative?

oddblob

Chimp
Aug 4, 2004
Salem, Oregon
I'm looking at the instructions on go-ride.com for installing the slow speed compression sleeve and it seems to me that instead of buying a sleeve to cover one, two or three of the holes couldn't you just tap some threads into those holes and put screws in them and accomplish the same thing? What am I missing here?

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
I believe that the cartrige is a sealed unit, as marzocchi says in their tech manual that it cannot be disassembled for maintanance, it must be replaced. I personally have never had one apart, but you could shoot them an email and ask them.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Take it apart first before you try to figure out an alternative approach. Even if you can find screw heads tiny enough that you can get your fork back together, your stancions will probably get blocked on the way to full compression. You will also void your warranty. And you won't be able to easily experiment with settings.

Personally I would probably cover a hole or two with duct tape before trying to plug a hole with a screw. But those sleeves are not that pricey and they are a good upgrade. Suck it up and drop the cake.