Quantcast

888 Drop Crown Fender

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Let's see what some of you have done to install a fender on an 888 drop crown. Mud Machine is an option, but I am curious what alternatives are out there!

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
I was told that a THE fender wouldn't work with go-ride drop crowns... Did you have to modify anything, or did you just get the generic THE front fender to find that it fit perfectly?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
odiwik said:
Anybody have a for-sure answer on compatibility/fabrication for the go-ride crowns?
I can't really help you but I suggest that you make your own.

I jsut picked up a 05 DJ3 and mad emy own bracket to mount a std steerer tub mounted fenter. It replaced the stock unit and fit the curve of the Marz funky crown and cleared the arch. All it takes is a strap of metal appropriate for the bracket, a vise (to use in bending) a hammer or cressant wrench to bend with and a drill. Some time and tweeking you can make it fit.

I ended up using a wedge (not a star nut) in the steerer tube, because the DJ3 steerer tube is so thick my star nuts wouldn't fit.

With some time and patience you can make it work......unless I am missing something. It can't be that hard.....but maybe a stock fender will not fit. That is where you come in.....modify it. :D

Jun 18, 2004
Marz makes an '06 flat crown that fits a fender now... I wish I would have known this last spring when I bought my flat crown... they also make a supper drop upper like for a durado... I've seen the flat crown 888 w/a The up at whistler afew times...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
What happens when the fork bottoms? ouch.......

Do you ever go to bed? I see you posted at 254am and then 350am.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Yeah, it looks like the crowns will destroy the bracket.

Anybody with a fender on goride flats?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
On my 05 DJ3 it has the funky Marz crown and I had to bend a new bracket to clear the arch under compression. As long as the bracket hugs the crown there shouldn't be a problem.

Right?