Quantcast

888 Evo vs. Fox 40 vs. Dorado

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
So Dorado it is. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll have a 2011 Demo with a Dorado, full Saint, and 823's on Sun Ringles. Just waiting for the frame to come in then I'll pull the trigger on the fork.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
So Dorado it is. Hopefully in the next month or so I'll have a 2011 Demo with a Dorado, full Saint, and 823's on Sun Ringles. Just waiting for the frame to come in then I'll pull the trigger on the fork.
you will never see that frame :(

Dorado looks good though

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Not what I want to hear! I'm somewhat confident I can get one. If not I'll get a Knolly. I'm really not in a big hurry. Waiting for the second batch wouldn't be that big of a deal.
i put my order in right when they came up on spesh dealer site, im now in the pattern of hearing "two weeks" since the original delivery of early september

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
i put my order in right when they came up on spesh dealer site, im now in the pattern of hearing "two weeks" since the original delivery of early september
With newly designed frames. There always seems to be delays, Turner, Giant and many others seem to have teething issues. It will come, spesh does not want to lose out on all that money.

gollub01

Chimp
Sep 10, 2010
jh wyoming
Ok, who makes a FLAT top crown for the new 888. Im thinking about switching from fox to marzocchi, Is there a flat crown with the boxxer standard hole pattern. I had Risse crowns for an old 888 years ago. Are the new ones flat. I would love to run another canfield drop stem.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Ok, who makes a FLAT top crown for the new 888. Im thinking about switching from fox to marzocchi, Is there a flat crown with the boxxer standard hole pattern. I had Risse crowns for an old 888 years ago. Are the new ones flat. I would love to run another canfield drop stem.

Call Tyler at twenty6 products and tell him he needs to do a low rise crown for Zocchi with the boxxer integrated stem pattern... Its the craze,,,,,, :thumb:

There is definently a NEED for that..... I do wish MArzocchi would just accept it as a IS and start doing it...

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
burgtec are making one, works components are planning to do one (cheaper then burgtec)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Last edited:

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
The Risse crowns don't fit with the Canfield drop stem. You have to grind the front of the leg clamp to get the bar to clear, unless it has a big rise.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
cant say enough good things about my Evo Ti. been on it for over a year and it hasnt let me down one bit.
i did feel the small bump sensitivity wasnt as good as i initially wanted, but the Works tune changed that. its nice to know they are offering the Works tune right from them.