Quantcast

888 $lackersday 888

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Already steamy, could use a beer after walking the dogs.
Coffee then off to Belgrade to float in the lake all day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
76F / 72% humidity at 8AM here. I was thinking about an early ride but I have teh lazies and it's too steamy already. I may ride in the evening instead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No slacking. Two hour drive complete. Just waiting for two buddies to show and then shuttle time. A Prius is an okay shuttle vehicle, right?

Gonna be a warm one.

Downside of getting up early....no poop before leaving the house. Ugh.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
ride already in the books.

I have a staircase to sand and then walk the dogs to the lake.

That should cover the "moving" part of my day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. The baby likes to signal “more” for wanting me to pick her up and give her a quick snuggle. Then she slides herself down and signs “more” once again.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Espresso, scrambled eggs and bacon in the camper. Watson got all the bacon drippings poured over his breakfast. He inhaled it. 56* with drizzle and light wind at the horse show so uniform pants and a jacket this morning. Hopefully shorts by noon.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Started having some bad indigestion from eating way too much sugar so I cut out ice cream, gummy bears, etc. Been three weeks and my clothes are looser for sure. Got to get rid of my pre-thru hike fat reserves.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife and I were supposed to travel to Des Moines this weekend to do the 70.3 Ironman National Championship race, but since that's a Covid casualty, we farted around with some friends on a local course instead. 1500 yard swim, 27 mile bike, 5 mile run, all in some blazing heat. That was my first swim in over three months and I felt surprisingly good. Then we went to one of their houses for a food gorge and pool. All in all a good day. I'm sleepy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wife and I were supposed to travel to Des Moines this weekend to do the 70.3 Ironman National Championship race, but since that's a Covid casualty, we farted around with some friends on a local course instead. 1500 yard swim, 27 mile bike, 5 mile run, all in some blazing heat. That was my first swim in over three months and I felt surprisingly good. Then we went to one of their houses for a food gorge and pool. All in all a good day. I'm sleepy.

You were going to go to Des Moines on purpose?

:twitch:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Found a Whoop strap, appears to be useless without a subscription so I guess I'm supposed to try and reunite it with its owner somehow...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Caulked all of the installed baseboards so Wifey could paint them. Ripped new shelves for the custom built-in's because the existing (brand new) won't hold paint. We got a $200 (10%) discount for doing it on an open day vs. scheduling in advance, which was just eaten up in new wood and an extra can of paint. Wifey painted a few doors as well. I'm back to installing baseboards.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode bikes. No one died. Sun put down a beating on us though. Where does the water stop and the sky begins?

Beaches are open again up north. And they were packed, or at least the parking lots were full.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Caulked all of the installed baseboards so Wifey could paint them. Ripped new shelves for the custom built-in's because the existing (brand new) won't hold paint. We got a $200 (10%) discount for doing it on an open day vs. scheduling in advance, which was just eaten up in new wood and an extra can of paint. Wifey painted a few doors as well. I'm back to installing baseboards.
If there is anything stoney knows, it caulk.

Found a Whoop strap
What's a whoop strap?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Took 30 minutes to find a non quarantined spot to watch the last bit of the sunset over here. Town has put up fences and netting on all the parks and beaches on the water here.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Maybe too late, but Zinser BIN primer sticks to damn near anything, also hides damn near anything, and it’s alcohol based so your house will smell good all afternoon. Assuming you consider the scent of moonshine to be a good one anyway...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Maybe too late, but Zinser BIN primer sticks to damn near anything, also hides damn near anything, and it’s alcohol based so your house will smell good all afternoon. Assuming you consider the scent of moonshine to be a good one anyway...
The visible shelves will be painted poplar, so I'm not concerned about getting paint to stick. I think he's using killz for primer. I'll have him give that primer a go for the hidden shelves. Thanks.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
The booze based primer is great for poplar too, water based tends to raise the grain and needs to be sanded again after to knock down the wayward wood fibers, and on some moldings and doors the latex primed are just too thick and you lose detail in the inside corners.

I started using BIN instead of kilz on pretty much everything except bare drywall. it’s awesome for painted furniture, i use poplar for anything paint grade and while it’s cheap and easy to work with, sometimes the green tinge of the wood shows through, and sanding finished pieces can be a PITA, BIN fixes both. It also sprays like butter with a cheapie automotive spray gun.