Quantcast

888 mundane 888

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
No frost in sight and looks like it will just be a very mild winter again this year. Will be good for all the invasive plants and animals unfortunately.

Found out I can apply for a city grant to turn my garden into a wildlife heaven which I had planned to do anyway. Not sure how difficult it will be to get it but will give it a try. Plan would be pond, native plants, more bird and insect houses.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
34F this morning. Back to my normal schedule. Last night was weird I kept having this guilt feeling that I needed to be studying. After effect of cramming for my recert I guess.

Espresso while watching my dogs fall asleep after scarfing their breakfasts. Off to wok in about ten minutes.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day is done here, about to try to do some sleeping and my laptop screen shows up an ASSHAT jumping spider is casually walking towards my face.
Flick my shirt, spider goes flying and is nowhere to be seen.
I don't think the smaller jumpy ones bite much.

Day is done here, about to try to do some sleeping and my laptop screen shows up an ASSHAT jumping spider is casually walking towards my face.
Flick my shirt, spider goes flying and is nowhere to be seen.
I don't think the smaller jumpy ones bite much.
I'm perfectly happy to live with spiders. About the only one that might be of concern around here is a brown recluse, and have never had a problem even with them.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Bon matin les amis!

Back to batshit crazy cold.

Might run out of firewood by the end of February, not cool.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got a half mile circle around my 'hood that I will run multiple times when I want something flat and want to stay close to home. I did 11 laps this morning, and someone let their corgie out sans leash and the little fucker came charging into the road and into my feet twice when I went by the house. The dog is harmless but I don't like it running up into me, not to mention the dog has done it before. Fucking little asshole. I was annoyed, but not angry enough to kick it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'm perfectly happy to live with spiders. About the only one that might be of concern around here is a brown recluse, and have never had a problem even with them.
It looked too big to be able to lay eggs in my ears so I'm okay with it, It'll probably just bite me in the beard somewhere because I annoyed it.
Lately all our poor Huntsman spiders have been getting nailed by Spider Wasps, now they are asshole creatures! They paralyse a spider, lay an egg on it then the larvae(?) eat the spider when it hatches.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Still no taste or smell, cough still lingering as well. Was glad to fly the registration for yellowstone this year and get an early start on it. Got applicants from texas, cali, wyoming, florida, utah, nevada and NC already, none from the RM tho.

In other news, gotta run to the home depot and harbor freight for random chit.

China slow boat is pretty slow latley...

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 6.47.58 AM.png

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Snowblower purchased. Used twice and got it for half price, score! Especially since they are forecasting 1+ feet this upcoming weekend.

WTF is with the price and availability of motor oil? My usual cost for 3 gallon has gone from $62 to $95 in the course of a year. Jeez.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Still no taste or smell, cough still lingering as well.
How long have you been without taste and smell? Is it really NO TASTE? This is my personal selfish reason #1 to not catch the Corona-bola! When did you get your booster?

Also - enjoying coffee and homemade Apple galette while (wasting an hour) listening in on our 6 am weekly sales call. Bikes this afternoon fer shur!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
How long have you been without taste and smell? Is it really NO TASTE? This is my personal selfish reason #1 to not catch the Corona-bola! When did you get your booster?

Also - enjoying coffee and homemade Apple galette while (wasting an hour) listening in on our 6 am weekly sales call. Bikes this afternoon fer shur!
Been without taste or smell for over a week now, literally makes things like coffee, food, desserts pointless. The GF has been choosing meals that I would never eat simply beacause I dont give a shit. Liver and kale with broccoli?ok fine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Still no taste or smell, cough still lingering as well. Was glad to fly the registration for yellowstone this year and get an early start on it. Got applicants from texas, cali, wyoming, florida, utah, nevada and NC already, none from the RM tho.

In other news, gotta run to the home depot and harbor freight for random chit.

China slow boat is pretty slow latley...

View attachment 170864
i once had an item shipped by air delayed by a train derailment :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got all packed up to go skiing with a work colleague, took off from home, and then got called because someone called in sick. I'm the designated backup person so things got shuffled around and the net result is me not skiing, but instead working a few hours from home this morning.

Could be worse.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
had to extend my stay in maine...hopefully pops gets out of the hospital on wednesday. taking care of mom with alzheimers is...not fun.
Sorry to hear. I can only imagine, having had one grandparent on her and my side each have that--and we didn't have to deal with it day to day.