Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Turbo! I ran five miles before sunrise in the cold rain. I would have an MTB ride on tap today if I had a bike. I'll pedal the tri bike instead. Speaking of the tri bike, it's badly in need of a tune up. It probably needs a new drivetrain...I've put 15,000 miles on that bike and haven't replaced any of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Whatcha say there, Turbo! I ran five miles before sunrise in the cold rain. I would have an MTB ride on tap today if I had a bike. I'll pedal the tri bike instead. Speaking of the tri bike, it's badly in need of a tune up. It probably needs a new drivetrain...I've put 15,000 miles on that bike and haven't replaced any of it.
eta on new bike?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
you must work with some pretty shitty ones
I wouldn't say they are shitty, but there is very little involvement of IT until the very end of their projects until a light bulb goes off in one of their heads "oh yeah what about that connection and monitoring blah blah". Oh great, now that everything is done we have to jimmyrig our stuff to work.

Some of our buildings are pretty "old school" in that sense. Automotive industry, but metal fabricating and no sequencing, so the need for IT up until a few years ago has been very little. We're starting to get our foot in the door to change that mentality, but its a friggin struggle I tell ya.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Suppose I have a buncha boring errands to run today. Must get the truck inspected, get a battery for the car, and at some point here, get the winter tires swapped onto the car so I don't have to deal with this leaky tires BS.

eta on new bike?
Wonder whose gonna have their's first, Babs or 'Squeeb?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What was that? Oh, nothing... you know. Just riding a 20-mile high country ride in a leisure suit for my financée's sister's birthday. NBD.

Hit Telluride at PEAK fall colors... OMG. Our route went down a trail called Sunshine Trail (aka T-35) which dove in and out of aspen stands for 4-5 miles, with Wilson Peak (the Coors Light mountain) towering in the background. So. Fucking. Good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What was that? Oh, nothing... you know. Just riding a 20-mile high country ride in a leisure suit for my financée's sister's birthday. NBD.

Hit Telluride at PEAK fall colors... OMG. Our route went down a trail called Sunshine Trail (aka T-35) which dove in and out of aspen stands for 4-5 miles, with Wilson Peak (the Coors Light mountain) towering in the background. So. Fucking. Good.
i mean, i guess that looks alright.

:busted:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Meh³

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Virtual career fair all day today, so I'm doing other things until my first client meeting at 2.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wouldn't say they are shitty, but there is very little involvement of IT until the very end of their projects until a light bulb goes off in one of their heads "oh yeah what about that connection and monitoring blah blah". Oh great, now that everything is done we have to jimmyrig our stuff to work.

Some of our buildings are pretty "old school" in that sense. Automotive industry, but metal fabricating and no sequencing, so the need for IT up until a few years ago has been very little. We're starting to get our foot in the door to change that mentality, but its a friggin struggle I tell ya.

MEs where I work: Can you put together a manufacturing schedule for me?
Me: Isn't that your job?
MEs where I work: Our job is to make sure it gets done.
Me: So you are a project manager? Cool, deal with all this shit I shouldn't have to do.
MEs where I work: That isn't my responsibility. We aren't project managers, we plan manufacturing schedules.
Me: Pounds head against desk.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The wife was like "wow, was that an entire hours worth of work? You must be exhausted." She's right, I am. Might take the rest of the day, can't set the bar too high. :rofl:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have been enjoying the SB100 on our non technical trails lately. Super nimble. If it was a 115 i would *probably* keep it. But im a bike slut. That loiks more blue than turq, is that just the phone pic?
They had a turquoise on the shop floor when I ordered mine and it was definitely turquoise. The shop owner e-mailed me the pic above.