Quantcast

88888 Thirst day 88888

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Crappy nights sleep topped off by two furball CSO deciding that the appropriate place to have a settling of accounts is on top of me. Hell of an alarm clock.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Posted two parcels on Monday, one to Michigan, the other to South Carolina.

Tracking says they both just arrived in Washington state...wp usps

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Aloha, Champions! I'mma ride a bike later today, but first I have to get these booze label design concepts done. Freelance until my new job figures out the start date FTW!

Also, I'll probably play some guitar, maybe record some musics, eat some foods that I cook on the grill, that sort of thing. I wonder if my posts are being deleted?

Oh, and @Nick we should figure out a time for you to stop over and play that Nuno guitar I have... I figured out it's the N2 (cheaper) version but it still plays like a dream. Probably needs a setup and new strings and such, which I'm gonna have done when I start getting paychecks. Actually, all those guitars need a setup I suspect.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Just discovered that 6ft of termite damage in the basement was 20ft. Had a contractor out and he thinks we're looking at 5g worth of damage. Honestly that doesn't sound that bad right now, but my butthole is thoroughly puckered waiting for the real estimate and final tally.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Quit bitching about lost posts. we had a major glitch here once megaderp posts were lost. My count went down by 15,000 or so others had similar lizardly acts

Espresso then off to virus land and stupid fucking drivers. These days I see at least one blatant red light run a shift and get blasted past by multitudes of rickey racer wannabes doing close to 100mph on our now lightly traveled freeways

serious defensive driving skills need to be employed

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Is it really Thursday or are you all just messing with me? Seriously, the way the week just blends together is making me crazy.

On a lighter note, there is a .25 acre lot just off the lake that seems like it might not have enough spot for a crib, but can be used as a rec spot. It's $2500 for the lot, has been on the market a bit. The major downer is there is a $250/month HOA dues.

If we can keep the truck there part time and were able to use it at least twice a month, it isn't a bad deal. But $250/month AND we can't leave the truck full time makes it a tough sell.

I am driving out to look at it this weekend. My old neighbor moved out there a couple years ago. He commutes 90 minutes each way to the office. Not sure I could do that for real. But as a get a way, it could work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
WOOOOOOOOO FRIDAY.

As much as I have disliked being forced to either reduce pay or use vacation time, to take one day off per week, these 4 day work weeks are something I could get used to. Maybe I should float the idea to the bossman about working 4 days onsite and then 1 from home, once things return to "normal".

Had both my headlights pop and go out last night. Good thing I kept the old bulbs - apparently these Sylvania 9012's are only rated up to 300 hours of use. Which isn't much considering they're on all the time thanks to daytime running lights.

Anyways.....tomorrow should be fun. Supposed to shuttle a hill and then do a trail ride. Weather looks PRIME.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
No longer riding/"riding" Friday and Saturday morning, because the wife continues to feel aggrieved. My position is that if she feels overwhelmed trying to watch the baby and direct the elder kids in their schoolwork (a bit school-assigned, much of it her doing) then it's her own damn fault for not setting it up such that she can handle it. She's the one who came up with all the extra shit for the kids to do in the first place.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No longer riding/"riding" Friday and Saturday morning, because the wife continues to feel aggrieved. My position is that if she feels overwhelmed trying to watch the baby and direct the elder kids in their schoolwork (a bit school-assigned, much of it her doing) then it's her own damn fault for not setting it up such that she can handle it. She's the one who came up with all the extra shit for the kids to do in the first place.
You should have another. Then they can watch over each other.

Morning Monkeys.

Is it really Thursday or are you all just messing with me? Seriously, the way the week just blends together is making me crazy.

On a lighter note, there is a .25 acre lot just off the lake that seems like it might not have enough spot for a crib, but can be used as a rec spot. It's $2500 for the lot, has been on the market a bit. The major downer is there is a $250/month HOA dues.

If we can keep the truck there part time and were able to use it at least twice a month, it isn't a bad deal. But $250/month AND we can't leave the truck full time makes it a tough sell.

I am driving out to look at it this weekend. My old neighbor moved out there a couple years ago. He commutes 90 minutes each way to the office. Not sure I could do that for real. But as a get a way, it could work.
HOA? No fucking way.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rain tapering off. some areas in the hills have gotten 10+ inches this week. hopefully it'll dry out a bit by the weekend.
have a few meetings later on...need to make a beer run and also return a tool i borrowed from a local shop. ordered a new helmet last night. as with many things bike related, finding places with helmets in stock was tricky at the moment. went with a tld a2; will be interested to compare it to my current a1. at least it will smell better!

rain tapering off. some areas in the hills have gotten 10+ inches this week. hopefully it'll dry out a bit by the weekend.
have a few meetings later on...need to make a beer run and also return a tool i borrowed from a local shop. ordered a new helmet last night. as with many things bike related, finding places with helmets in stock was tricky at the moment. went with a tld a2; will be interested to compare it to my current a1. at least it will smell better!
I suspect that we're going to experience all sorts of interesting bicycle related shortages. Demand is way up and manufacturing/shipping is way down.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I suspect that we're going to experience all sorts of interesting bicycle related shortages. Demand is way up and manufacturing/shipping is way down.
Sadly it's not just limited to bicycles either. For the life of me I can't find any fishing stuff in stock at the stores that are open. It would appear that this whole stay at home period has enabled people to discover or rediscover the outdoors.

I wish they would stop it already.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Sadly it's not just limited to bicycles either. For the life of me I can't find any fishing stuff in stock at the stores that are open.
Complete failure on my part attempting to find the coffee can of worms scene from A River Runs Through It :(

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's almost as if @Toshi is new to this whole marriage/wife thing. :rofl:

You should have another. Then they can watch over each other.
Bingo. You are wise beyond your years...

good idea. toshi should have another wife.
Oh, damn. That's some outside-the-box thinking right there. You'll make good management material...

Up at 4:30.
Took dog out back to wake the fucking birds up.
What kind of lazy fucking East Coast birds do *you* have around there? :disgust:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
You should initiate a refund.
Thinking about it. I've sent DVO another message about it. Spoke with Canada Post today and they basically said that they know as much as I do. Maybe they can mail a second one out and I'll reject the first if it even shows up and return to sender.

Tomorrow it will be exactly two weeks since it "left the US". Maybe its in isolation? Lost? Someone at the airport has a fancy new shock?

I assume the barcode scanning on packages at mail hubs is done automatically so it should be missed - it has to be somewhere :(