Quantcast

888RC2x with titanium springs

Nov 9, 2005
Has anyone tried this out yet, and if so how does it work? It seems like the best of both wrolds to me, the same weight as a 40, all the adjustments, and it is a bomb proof fork.

Nov 9, 2005
no this is why i'm asking, i have only herd that it can be done, but i know nothing as to where to get springs for the fork for.

Nov 9, 2005
yea i know mojo suspension company made a whole kit for the rc that turned it into a ti sprung rc2, i wonder if i could order the ti springs from them?

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
According to vitox, Manitou Ti springs fit Boxxers which I guess could fit 888's with the mods you're talking about.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
As far as I know, neither Mojo nor anyone else (unless you're Fabian Barel and have access to the Marzocchi Works pro hook-up) makes Ti springs for the 888.

Mojo makes a 999r cart for the 888 that uses a Ti spring in one variation... maybe that's what you're thinking of.:think:

Try PM'ing Vitox - I know I've spoken with him about this (the Boxxer Ti spring conversion) in the past 6 months...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
heh...

Have you even gone to Mojo's website to check the 999 out? :)

It definitely works with any 888 out there. All it does is replace the internals.

Nov 9, 2005
whatever model, year or configuration of 888 you have you can now have a 999R just like very best!

That is straight from the mojo website, i'm just a littel slow and had to figure it out myself. So by reading that it should work for the 888 rc2x.

degoose

Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So Cal
SBDownhillRacer said:
whatever model, year or configuration of 888 you have you can now have a 999R just like very best!

That is straight from the mojo website, i'm just a littel slow and had to figure it out myself. So by reading that it should work for the 888 rc2x.

Dude stop sucking skc s cock, hes an ass hole, hes like 20, home alone on a saterday night! haaa

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
ive got that modded fork here, it works but you have to do some non-reversible mods (cutting it) to the spring spacer cylinder.
ill try to get you guys some pictures maybe on tuesday.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Degoose:
Dude stop sucking skc s cock, hes an ass hole, hes like 20, home alone on a saterday night! haaa
lol - yeah I was getting a little frustrated there with SB... my bad. My apologies, SB.

Vitox - so it was you I had this conversation with. As I recall you even mapped out the corresponding spring weights from Boxxer to 888. I'd love to see some pics.

Nov 9, 2005
yea all i would really want to do is lighten the fork to around 6.5 pounds by putting in ti springs, i dont really want to spend 500+ dollars to revamp the internals of an already great fork.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Sherpa:
Why apologize? The kids a 'tard and so is degoose.

LOL...

I know - but I'm a strong proponent of being cool to talk to when I'm on RM.

But even I have my limitations when people are too lazy to read info that's right in front of them - or in the same thread they just posted in... :blah:

Yeah, I know - it's spoon-feeding info, but I want to try and help the kids gain some knowledge. In spite of themselves. :D