Quantcast

9 million livestrong bands sold

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yesterday I read that they had sold 9 million LiveStrong bands. If memory serves, they were shooting for 5mill.

Very Cool :dancing: :cool:

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
bah. it seems like over the past week at school everyone has been getting one. i dont think ill ever get one and actually wear it. then it would seem like im just trying to be cool by gettin one.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
DHracer1067 said:
bah. it seems like over the past week at school everyone has been getting one. i dont think ill ever get one and actually wear it. then it would seem like im just trying to be cool by gettin one.

ive worn mine for about a month and a half now but with school starting soon, im curious to see how many people i loathe wearing one. i might retire mine for a while. we'll see..........

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
DHracer1067 said:
Then buy one to support the foundation and thow it in your dresser drawer.

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
DHracer1067 said:
i know. but i gotta save up first. ha. ill eventually get one. im not in any real hurry though.

I'm sure all the people ailing and dying from CANCER won't mind that your taking your time getting yours.......... :rolleyes:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I saw a girl wearing one at a bar this past weekend, smoking a cigarette.

Guess she's counting on her dollar investment helping her out in the future.

It's sad.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
DVNT said:

It's sad.
An investment in her future I guess... :confused:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
You can see 'em on e-bay for sale for 15 bucks.

I'm sure all that money goes to cancer research as well :think: :nuts:

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I've got a t-shirt. I think it was 15 bucks from Dick's sporting goods. Anyone know the percentage that goes to the foundation from t-shirts?

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
DVNT said:

It's sad.

I have seen that also. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

I am thinking about retiring mine since they seem to be about as cool as Kabal red yarn things.

I did see some "Fake" bands at a flee market, they had the old school Nike Label and were $5 each.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
LAF website says

"Since the campaign began last May, the LAF has sold approximately 11 million LIVESTRONG™ wristbands. We are thrilled to have the support of 11 million wristband-wearers across the U.S. and all over the world. At his homecoming celebration in Austin, Texas on August 13th, Lance thanked LAF supporters for wearing yellow and said, "I'm never taking mine off." "

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
they are on back order in the sense that it takes 3 weeks roughly before you see them. they warn you on the site, they could just say they ship in 3 weeks but whatever, i think we have more on order for the shop, we sold out of all 150 we ordered in less then 36hrs