Quantcast

$$$ 90 Million Dollar Friday GMT $$$

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Dogs fed, coffee is almost ready. We are supposed to have 3 days without rain. No trail riding with all the water ponding up on saturated clay soil. Road riding and running it shall be.

Another fun filled shift on the short bus looms it's ugly head.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
We're pretty much shit out of luck for riding until the end of January. It's mud city now, which is to be followed by three days of deep freeze, then a week above freezing with rain. If this keeps up I'm going to be mowing the lawn in March.
Will it be frozen enough to not leave ruts or just too cold to enjoy riding in?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates and I can get in a wee bit of dirt this weekend. Nothing exciting on tap, but something beats nothing eh?

Was talking about activities this weekend with the wife and tried to write that she was in for a "thorough ass kicking", except the joke was on me as autocorrect changed kicking to licking.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Busy w/e up ahead. Expecting a shipment from S&M bikes for some tall cruiser bars/tires today, then meeting up a friend tomorrow who is throwing me some stuff towards my unrideabru 26" DJ build! Otherwise, book report "coaching" with kid both daze. He picked a dual perspective "flip book" on the Revolutionary War, which turned into a PITA for his 1st book report ever.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My elves told me riding is spectacular in my neck of the woods as the swamps are drained and loam is heavenly today. I shall continue to WFH and ride this afternoon. That may help force the hand of our new GM boss who despises people working from home (even if everyone just sits in the office like a robot since each of us mostly communicates with his teams overseas), yet who is too coward to announce his ancient policy openly.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haven't gone to sleep before 11pm this week and I'm feeling it. Pretty much in full f* this mode. But I get to take Haley to Snobahn tomorrow which should be fun and go boarding Sunday.

I found out earlier this week that the company has decided on a corporate level that if you receive any form of non-annual incentive comp that you are 100% sales and get no merit increases this year. I've been doing a ton of side projects for our director that have me not on the phones, which reduces my incentive, on the assumption/promise of a notable base raise.

My direct boss told me and not the rest of the team (I think) in hopes that it would dull the edge when I go meet with the director for my annual. It hasn't. I've been reaching out to industry contacts about opportunities available at their firms. One of the projects I did was getting comp information for parallel positions at the local major firms (Schwab, Fidelity, Vanguard, TIAA-CREF, Janus, and Oppenheimer) from friends working there. They know outside firms pay notably better ($20k+) and I was only staying on board because my seniority gets me 4 weeks of vacation vs. 2 weeks as a starter at other firms. I'm not sure where I stand at this point, as the "promise" of increased pay closed that gap substantially. Wifey is at the point that given the extra time I have put in at work without any change doesn't justify staying. We'll see where this takes us.

Otherwise, work (yeah!). And I have to replace the battery in the M this weekend because it's died twice in the last month. It's not dealing well with the cold.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>That may help force the hand of our new GM boss who despises people working from home (even if everyone just sits in the office like a robot since each of us mostly communicates with his teams overseas), yet who is too coward to announce his ancient policy openly.
This is so fucking lame. You should quit and cite his antiquated notions as the only reason you're leaving. :D

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This is so fucking lame. You should quit and cite his antiquated notions as the only reason you're leaving. :D
I doubt he will be willing to lose his team over 1day/week WFH - especially when our company lost any chance to hire any talent in the US (because of incredibly poor reputation and handling of people). But, the struggle is real and the battle is nigh. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Not sure how many monkeys were aware of the situation here in Oregon. Portland got between 8 and 14 inches of snow and the newly elected Gov declared it a state of emergency. I know folks in Minnesota are :rofl:.

http://q13fox.com/2017/01/11/oregon-governor-declares-state-of-emergency

In some places that just makes for a good pow day. The next 4 years is going to be both sad and hilarious.

<edit> Wife gets surgery to get a plate and a couple screws installed to fix the busted ankle on Tuesday. She said I should post her pics and have @Toshi give a second opinion. :rofl:

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude - folks EVERYWHERE are like :rofl:

State of Emergency? Sounds like bongshed time!

:D
Srsly. I was WFH yesterday and Wednesday, but I came in this morning. It is just too cold for the pack to go anywhere.

I don't get how folks can just LEAVE YOUR CAR IN THE LEFT LANE of the freeway. You couldn't make it up the hill because your Prius is ill prepared for this environment. I get it. You can't take 10 minutes to piss off a few dozen people while you back down at least until you are off to the right side? Instead, you chose to LEAVE YOUR CAR IN THE LEFT LANE and piss everyone off for the next 12-24 hours until they tow it or you go get it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Busy w/e up ahead. Expecting a shipment from S&M bikes for some tall cruiser bars/tires today, then meeting up a friend tomorrow who is throwing me some stuff towards my unrideabru 26" DJ build! Otherwise, book report "coaching" with kid both daze. He picked a dual perspective "flip book" on the Revolutionary War, which turned into a PITA for his 1st book report ever.
hey did you still want those cranks?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Wife was in an emergency surgery last night till 0100 this morning for a Shepard that was hit by a car. Fractured vertabra repair that that started at 1400. The dog responded to pain stimulation after they woke him up but it will be all about swelling at this point. She ran the anesthesia and according to her it was the most nerve racking series she has ever ran. Dog had a known issue plus possible brain damage.

Now I love dogs as much as the next guy... Well obviously not cause I can only imagine what the bill is going to be here in the long run, on the same token it's a good crew.

With all that said she will be sleeping most of the move day today. So I get to pack and move all the small stuff solo while watching lil man !!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
<edit> Wife gets surgery to get a plate and a couple screws installed to fix the busted ankle on Tuesday. She said I should post her pics and have @Toshi give a second opinion. :rofl:
Sure, post that up. Just blank out the name, DOB, and MRN first.

I am on academic time but am similarly working from home. I have stuff to write today and thus need EndNote. Because Thomson-Reuters is retarded EndNote still doesn't work with Word 2016 on Macs, so instead I am suffering through using my work Windows laptop, which for all its faults does run Word/EndNote acceptably.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Otherwise, work (yeah!). And I have to replace the battery in the M this weekend because it's died twice in the last month. It's not dealing well with the cold.
trickle charger time...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The problem I have is the BMW had the - post on the strut tower, which is farther away from my+ than the cables stretch. Stupi BMW being difficult.
That's right, I forgot about the funky BMW post location game. :rofl:

Also, I know when I was towing if you didn't drive a 2000-2005ish at least every other day they were dead due to the constant electronic drain.

Every BMW was different when it came to the battery post jump location. Some were on the engine block itself, some were along the firewall, some by the radiator, it was like playing Where's Waldo with the jumper cables.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
skipping through the woods is no fun with lungs full of snot...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pics for @Toshi

The best part? Half the places were closed Sunday due to weather, so we ended up at the Zoom Care. No big deal, good prices, but one place for consult, then drive to another place for imaging. Then couldn't get into see the ortho for 2 weeks. Call the Ortho+Fracture place that did my knee and got seen yesterday and scheduled for surgery on Tuesday.

But they couldn't use the xrays from Zoom, so we paid for a new set of pics, thanks Obama. :rofl:

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I doubt he will be willing to lose his team over 1day/week WFH - especially when our company lost any chance to hire any talent in the US (because of incredibly poor reputation and handling of people). But, the struggle is real and the battle is nigh. :D
Aaand it just happened. He sent everyone a memo, prohibiting work from home without prior approval from his manager, on an exceptional basis only, in the name of "motivating people". :disgust1: Every other team in the company has a generous "don't abuse" WFH policy. Time to :drag:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Aaand it just happened. He sent everyone a memo, prohibiting work from home without prior approval from his manager, on an exceptional basis only, in the name of "motivating people". :disgust1: Every other team in the company has a generous "don't abuse" WFH policy. Time to :drag:
send him back a harambe meme.