Quantcast

935 Lies

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
George W Bush, White House told 935 lies after September 11

According to the study, 935 false statements were issued by the White House in the two years after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

In speeches, briefings and interviews, President Bush and other officials stated “unequivocally” on at least 532 occasions that Iraq had links to al-Qaeda, or had weapons of mass destruction or was trying to get them.
I'm sure it was really just bad intelligence, right? Lie is such a strong word.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I hate GWB as much as the next guy and blame him for all sorts of evils, but we do have to be honest when calling someone a liar.

Iraq did have WMDs, it is an absolutely fact. It's also a fact that UNMOVIC kept Iraq's WMDs to an insignificant level, but they did have them and were constantly trying to increase the amount.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Well, at least you can say that it's almost over. They should all be in jail but they're not. What can you do.

(I still think Cheney is pulling the strings behind this entire admistration and Bush is just a stooge put in power to let 'them' do what they really want)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just heard the interview on npr this morning (http://www.publicintegrity.org/default.aspx has more), and it smacked of a hit piece. one thing stood out: the Centre spoke factually correctly - while being purposefully misleading - about bushco speaking factually correctly, while being purposefully misleading.

f'rinstance: i'd like to see the 935 in table format just to reveal duplicate statements.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Well, at least you can say that it's almost over. They should all be in jail but they're not. What can you do.
Except were still with the legacy of fvcktitude of biblical proportions to fix.

just heard the interview on npr this morning (http://www.publicintegrity.org/default.aspx has more), and it smacked of a hit piece. one thing stood out: the Centre spoke factually correctly - while being purposefully misleading - about bushco speaking factually correctly, while being purposefully misleading.

f'rinstance: i'd like to see the 935 in table format just to reveal duplicate statements.
But then in fairness, we'd have to include all the lies, deceits, and criminal misdirections that this Admin also did not related to Iraq.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
link to full "lies" here (curiously, only 532 statements were categorized as false statements...hmmm....)

lots of loose interpretation. the bulk of it falling well short of what i'd ironically call a "slam dunk"

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
link to full "lies" here (curiously, only 532 statements were categorized as false statements...hmmm....)

lots of loose interpretation. the bulk of it falling well short of what i'd ironically call a "slam dunk"
Only 532? Ok, I feel WAY better now. That's barely 100 a year, he was well bellow what I consider the average "lies per year" mark.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
i'd like to see the 935 in table format just to reveal duplicate statements.
I'm guessing they would boil down to a handful of key statements:

• Iraq has WMD
  • Iraq is not cooperating with UN inspectors
  • Iraq is allied with AlQaeda
  • Iraq did 9-11

Please keep in mind that these are not quotes, and not even true. This is just my interpretation of the tone and impression these 935 statements appear to be intended to give.

I'm just glad this only happened 935 times. 936 times would have been unacceptable.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
As much as GB lied, I have to blame all the legilators that agreed with his doctrin, including Kerry and the Clintons. Unlike ordinary citizens, these guys are the best educated, have other sources of intel, and know each others slimy ways. As much as I hate the neocon doctrin (which is what Bush is, a puppet for the worldly rich neocons such) I can't help feeling it's all just a show and they're all in on it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
As much as GB lied, I have to blame all the legilators that agreed with his doctrin, including Kerry and the Clintons. Unlike ordinary citizens, these guys are the best educated, have other sources of intel, and know each others slimy ways. As much as I hate the neocon doctrin (which is what Bush is, a puppet for the worldly rich neocons such) I can't help feeling it's all just a show and they're all in on it.
I agree that they should've spoken out and loudly!

However, they probably knew that Bush was going to invade anyway and by keeping silent, they bought a few favors?

I know it sucks if that's how it all works in DC>

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Then shouldn't you give us the update?
That's a negative Ghost Rider...

I'm not qualified but this member is:

RenegadeRick
RM Political Correspondent
Location: Promoting Ron Paul at various locations at varying times in various ways, and yet varying not in support. Peace is Popular!