Quantcast

951, final build.

zipper

Chimp
Aug 5, 2009
Tassie
Here's some shots of the new ride.
If any tech guys have tunning/setup hints for the RC4 i would love to hear them.

Cheers.

Spec's as asked for:

Rear shock -RC4 with Ti DSP 400lbs
Front shock/fork -2010 Boxxer teams
Handlebars -Chromag
Stem - Sunline V1
Seatpost -Thompy
Brakes-Elixr Mag CR, Saint rotors.
Cranks - Saint
Chainguide - LG1+
Pedals - Sunline
Rear derailleur - Gold XO
Rims-823
Hubs- Saint
Shifter-XO
Total weight -17.7

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Beautiful bike! Much nicer than white/red version!
I like Elixirs CR Mag :)
What's the weight?
Can You post full specs?
What's the Ti spring?
What's on chainstay?

brocelif

Chimp
Oct 28, 2006
I have the same set up. I am 155 pounds and the 400 pound spring is barely firm enough. I was surprised as I had a 350 on my Socom and a 300 on my M6. I started with the LSC/HSC adjustments wide open and minimal pressure in the boost valve. It felt too squishy with a bit too much sag. I now have the boost valve at 175 psi, 6 clicks of LSC and 3 clicks of HSC. I have been running the bottom out wide open, as bottoming is rare even with a softer spring. Let me know what you come up with.

zipper

Chimp
Aug 5, 2009
Tassie
I have the same set up. I am 155 pounds and the 400 pound spring is barely firm enough. I was surprised as I had a 350 on my Socom and a 300 on my M6. I started with the LSC/HSC adjustments wide open and minimal pressure in the boost valve. It felt too squishy with a bit too much sag. I now have the boost valve at 175 psi, 6 clicks of LSC and 3 clicks of HSC. I have been running the bottom out wide open, as bottoming is rare even with a softer spring. Let me know what you come up with.
Cheers mate. I weigh 70kgs and im running with the 400 ti(32%sag), 150 psi, a half turn of bottom out, 3/4 turn of high and no low. I might bump up the lsc a little and see how she runs.

Cheers.

El Gordo

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Vernon, NJ
Awesome build brotha.... LOL 17.7lbs wouldn that be a trip.. still good setup and how you like the RC-4 I am ordering my blindside and I have the option was just gonna go 5.0 but thinking about the RC-4 now but damn I need a 800lb spring do they make a Ti spring in that rate..:eek:

zipper

Chimp
Aug 5, 2009
Tassie
Awesome build brotha.... LOL 17.7lbs wouldn that be a trip.. still good setup and how you like the RC-4 I am ordering my blindside and I have the option was just gonna go 5.0 but thinking about the RC-4 now but damn I need a 800lb spring do they make a Ti spring in that rate..:eek:
Having run a DHX5 for the last...ever, i cant say i would go back. And thats after just a few rides on the RC4. They are much more progessive and the the range of adjusment through each comp valve is much higher than previous p/pedal models. The only thing i would expect to see in the future mod's would be high/low rebound which i consider just, if not more important.

Do it! You wont regret it.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Bike looks sick Zipper, quick question...Do you need a special ID for the Ti spring on the RC4? My new bike is coming with the RC4 and I was just curious if it needs a special spring diameter.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Bike looks sick Zipper, quick question...Do you need a special ID for the Ti spring on the RC4? My new bike is coming with the RC4 and I was just curious if it needs a special spring diameter.

I need to know this too. Haven't been at the shop in ages to measure one up

zipper

Chimp
Aug 5, 2009
Tassie
I need to know this too. Haven't been at the shop in ages to measure one up
would a DSP's ID on their ti fit the RC4? I've finally come to grips on my spring rate for the Ti spring.

http://www.diverse-mfg.com/mtb/titaniummtbshockspring.html
Hey guys, yeah the DSP's do fit on the standard seats. That said there is around 2mm of coil side to side play on the seats when forced by hand. No where near enough to hit the shock body but if your picky you may want to look into a slightly wider seated seat.

Cheers