Quantcast

951s:anybody using the short WB setting-change spring?

SCARY

Not long enough
I tried the short setting on the wheelbase adjustment and really like it in corners and manualing over rocks,keeping the front light.Im using the 8.5"setting,but I noticed when I use this setting it feels like the suspension gets alot stiffer,quicker.I'm using the 500lb spring and am wondering if I need to go to 450?400?

I really think intense should send two different Ti springs with this shock,cuz it's apparently an unknowable mystery,what to use.

-Does anybody else use the short setting?The middle feels better to me,but the short is alot more fun although it is noticeably ...uh...happier in the short setting and less stable in the rough stuff.But that is the only stuff I'm good at,so I'm ok with that part.

I'm scared to try the long setting.I already have a 2deg angle set and my bashgaurd is pretty bashed.
Peace up.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
I haven't been able to use my short setting, but that's cause I'm running Continentals...

I have switched between the middle and rear setting and the leverage does make a noticable change. It's not huge, but I can tell the bike floats more in the long setting.

You definately should have two springs going from 8 to 8.5 IMO. Big difference there.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I loved mine in the short setting, but the Minon 2.5 rubbed. I have to run mine in the middle setting.

What do you weigh? You can run a real light spring on the 951 as it ramps up fast.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I'm running mine in the short wb setting with a worn 2.5 highroller- I only get a little rub when it's muddy out.

Haven't really noticed a change in suspension performance between the different geo settings, but I have tried them all and like short the best. I'm also running the 8" travel setting rather than the 8.5

SCARY

Not long enough
I loved mine in the short setting, but the Minon 2.5 rubbed. I have to run mine in the middle setting.

What do you weigh? You can run a real light spring on the 951 as it ramps up fast.
185ish .I pretty much ran out all compression,too.I really don't notice the difference between 8 and 8.5.Although,I wouldn't be surprised if the 8 setting is really a 6.5.