Quantcast

98/99ish FSR pivot bolt/bushings, where can I find em

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I have a friend who has a 98 or 99 specialized FSR frame that he is looking to give away, and naturally I said I would take it as it would be good for a second bike to mess around on and I wouldn't be too upset if I broke the frame. The problem is that the pivot bolt needs to be replaced, and it probably wouldn't hurt to replace the bushings but I have no idea where I could go to find parts for such an old bike. Is there a place on line or should I try my LBS and see if they can wrangle something up from specialized. Any thoughts would be welcome, also if perhaps the parts have compatibility with more current specialized ones it may make it easier so if anyone knows aboutt the compatibility of the parts that would help as well.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
your lbs for the bushings, lowes or home depot for some grade 10 bolts. (the lbs will want about 5-15 bucks per bolt, you can get them for about 30 cents at lowes)

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
BAAAA, you're in luck. I have one of those old MountainSpeed conversion kits that I took off my '98 MaxBackBone FSR when I cracked it. It's all there except the rear dropout pivot which I damaged removing. Hell, I even have the Stratos Helix Expert w/ a 500# MountainSpeed spring. PM me if you're interested, I'm all about trades. :D