Quantcast

9km outside of La Bresse World Cup Finale

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Canukistani Birthday July 1st Long Weekend. First day on the hill and big bike for 2018.

Fourth run of the day - did the Exact. Same. Thing.
Still off the bike, with a Gwin-Thumb that just won't seem to heal.
Radiation showed no breaks, but squeezing or putting pressure on the side/meaty part still causes big owies.:wtf:
Cracked a rib as well, although that is now just a twinge.

Glad to know I'm not the only squid who wasn't fast / strong enough to haul it back in. :disgust1:
bro

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ya, I know. Great way the use a seasons pass....
I feel ya. Well, not in the same sense though.

I've used my pass twice this year and both times my brakes have been screwed up. Just haven't bothered since. And after riding Bromont on my trail bike last week.....Blue seems meh...

BTW, have you ever done the descent west of Blue in Loree Forest? 255 meter drop from the top of the escarpment to the lake. Its great.....

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I feel ya. Well, not in the same sense though.

I've used my pass twice this year and both times my brakes have been screwed up. Just haven't bothered since. And after riding Bromont on my trail bike last week.....Blue seems meh...

BTW, have you ever done the descent west of Blue in Loree Forest? 255 meter drop from the top of the escarpment to the lake. Its great.....
Nope, but you should tell me more...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Watching those RAW and Cathrovision vids is great, Seems to me this track, although short, is raw and natural and tripping up a lot of riders. Pretty wild stuff. I wonder if the park rat type of riders will do worse here than normal given just how janky and fucked up some of the sections are, or whether they'll school it regardless.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Hell, I dunno what is wrong with me. But after that course preview vid I'm actually hoping Gee backs it up in the final.

*edit* but lets face it, someone got the fastest dude in the world and chucked him on a 29er. Unless shit goes wildly wrong?

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Is the feed down for everybody else? says its supposed to start at 7am cdt and I'm just getting their error screen

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
What exactly did Maes do in his run? Iles looked like he was hauling serious ass apart from exiting the jump section a little slow and is 7,5 seconds back.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
What exactly did Maes do in his run? Iles looked like he was hauling serious ass apart from exiting the jump section a little slow and is 7,5 seconds back.
Did his run in wetter less gloopy mud?

I donno. Maybe just fast as fuck.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Did his run in wetter less gloopy mud?
That's probably part of it, but Maes had his run just before the broadcast started, minutes before Minnaar, Gee, Smith and Thirion who did significantly worse. He must have done something special in the lower techy bits.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
A DH race to get decided in a flat section? Meh.
Nah, thats just where he starts winning. The bottom section he's putting even more time on everybody.

Pretty sure there were some changing conditions, usually the best way to explain the top riders putting up progressively slower times.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Yeah, Bruni took a second and a half out of Maes in the flat stuff only to lose tons of time in the steeper lower sections.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
GT might want to think about allocating some of that travel budget to riders who actually ride for next season.

Edit: nevermind, he just talked about the Enduro spirit. Give the money to Wyn.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
If Amaury stays on his bike at worlds, we can pretty much call it right now. He's on a totally different level right now, his run was bonkers, that he was within possible winning time of Maes in what was pretty clearly way slower conditions was pretty intense. His run was by far the raddest to watch.

Edit: Also, to reiterate, I hope the people at British Cycling get some shit sent their way. Bummed for Lord Bummer that he's hitting the best results he's had for a few years and doesn't even get to go to champs.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
1. Pierron
2. Hart
3. Brosnan
4. Vergier
5. Greenland
6. MacDonald
7. Bruni
8. Shaw
9. Atherton
10. Fearon
11. Gwin
12. Thirion
13. Blenkinsop
14. Wallace
15. Iles

1. Atherton
2. Seagrave
3. Hannah
4. Nicole
5. Hrastnik
6. Cabirou
7. Siegenthaler
8. Salazar
9. Crud
10. Ravanel

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Barelli's comment on the Pinkbike results thread is great. Eliot Jackson with some good insight as well.

Nice to see Gee give the finger to British Cycling. Good to see Brook have a great season as well. And with some experience, Americans have some chances for great results next season.

Gwin too sour to shake hands, once again.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I thought the race and the track sucked today. The only highlight was Gwin's scrub - what a move. Other than that - meh.
Oh an Pierron is an animal, I hope he gets the World Champs, too.