Quantcast

(-_-){•_•}(~_~) Sunday GMT (-_-){•_•}(~_~)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sang karaoke tonight. Megadeth Hangar 18 is a great choice if you hate singing and want to kill time. Running Free was easier than I thought. Cowboys From Hell could have been worse.

Now, it's bed time.

Good morning.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you have two more shows to see this year mandown....

kadavar 10/25 el rey
graveyard 12/16 the fonda

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. My section (attendings + fellows) is going to gather at one of the attending's house for a potluck dinner. I think only the younger crew will show up, and that's ok with me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kids slept in till 6:30. I managed to squeeze in a terrific ride, and now I will disassemble our wall unit and put it and the couch in storage. So far so good.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Frankenbrakes experiment hit a bump called I-spec B->A incompatibility. Dafuq Shimano, are you drunk? I took apart cranks and suspension links and re-lubed all bearings, and was surprised how only after a few weeks of hard riding they got almost completely dry.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Jeez?! That's east coast?! Where's TE="canadmos, post: 4089127, member: 50209"]Drinking coffee and eating some breakfastr and getting pumped to go ride.

The worst part about riding here is choosing where to ride. So many good spots. :brows:

GETTIN PUMPPPPPED
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/163699/[/QUOTE]
Jeez, that's east coast?! Where's the roxx?! Got somethin like that out here, but really rocky. I went by it today, should have ridden it... I'm surprised there's anything like that in T.O. All I ever hear about the riding out there is that it's fast and flowy, there's very little tech... Guess not. Enjoy!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
you have two more shows to see this year mandown....

kadavar 10/25 el rey
graveyard 12/16 the fonda
Wish I could see a guy I know (not a close friend, but still) play with Prong on Halloween, along with Superjoint and Danzig. I'm going to a lesbian wedding instead.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Got up early to ride with some peeps. Ran into some more peeps. Thick fog made for a surreal ride in the woods. I felt way slow up, but really good down. I'm so glad I sacked up instead of surfing the couch this morning.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode Blue Mountain with DH buddie. Fun to ride behind and with somebody who still rides DH fun lines well just more fun riding. I does have its price I hit a tree with my shoulder and at the end I at it over the bars and hit my forehead and upper lip on a rock. Flying against the rock I had time to miss my full face helmet and hope I was not going to lose my front teeth. I got my hands down to slow me down enough for that not to happen. This is also the price I pay for not having ridden a lot of mtb over the summer not as sharp as I could be. We came back to beer and homemade quesadillas and I right now following up with a Westmalle Dubel.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Felt predictably weak riding after 4 days of being pretty sick. 3" of rain had washed away the dust and the trails were tacky despite all the storm detritus. A generally entertaining morning playing in the woods.

Long dog walk with wifey and oldest, beering myself senseless, bongshed, football and grilling to wrap the day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dads 70th bday....day two....fucking picture shenanigans.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Jeez?! That's east coast?! Where's TE="canadmos, post: 4089127, member: 50209"]Drinking coffee and eating some breakfastr and getting pumped to go ride.

The worst part about riding here is choosing where to ride. So many good spots. :brows:

GETTIN PUMPPPPPED
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/163699/
Jeez, that's east coast?! Where's the roxx?! Got somethin like that out here, but really rocky. I went by it today, should have ridden it... I'm surprised there's anything like that in T.O. All I ever hear about the riding out there is that it's fast and flowy, there's very little tech... Guess not. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Yup, no gnar like that around here. Not even close.

I'd almost go as far to say that gnar does not exist here, despite what any cross country dentists might say. 99% of the time, a trail around here is "hard" because of the speed you can carry on it or because some derpderp builds the trail going straight up a ridge and expects you to climb it.

Though, there are a handful of spots. :brows:

If you are ever around here, check out a place called Buckwallow. It is one of those gnar-must-rides. It is privately owned and the dude that takes care of the place is awesome. ALL of the single track trail is completely "built" on the Canadian shield rock. Some of the trails are like riding Bromont, but flat. Its impossible to not have a good time there.

And for that info, you must now tell me some good spots in Ottawa. I'm driving to Nova Scotia next summer for a wedding and plan on taking my bike and hitting up spots on the way. Should be a blast.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Jeez, that's east coast?! Where's the roxx?! Got somethin like that out here, but really rocky. I went by it today, should have ridden it... I'm surprised there's anything like that in T.O. All I ever hear about the riding out there is that it's fast and flowy, there's very little tech... Guess not. Enjoy!

I'd almost go as far to say that gnar does not exist here, despite what any cross country dentists might say. 99% of the time, a trail around here is "hard" because of the speed you can carry on it or because some derpderp builds the trail going straight up a ridge and expects you to climb it.

If you are ever around here, check out a place called Buckwallow. It is one of those gnar-must-rides. It is privately owned and the dude that takes care of the place is awesome. ALL of the single track trail is completely "built" on the Canadian shield rock. Some of the trails are like riding Bromont, but flat. Its impossible to not have a good time there.

And for that info, you must now tell me some good spots in Ottawa. I'm driving to Nova Scotia next summer for a wedding and plan on taking my bike and hitting up spots on the way. Should be a blast.[/QUOTE]
I Can't really tell you about any good spots... A) because they're hard to find because b) they're all illegal. (It's sad really, because we have so much excellent terrain, and could have a kick ass network) . But I'd be happy to show you around! Drop me a line next time you're in the area.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

And for that info, you must now tell me some good spots in Ottawa. I'm driving to Nova Scotia next summer for a wedding and plan on taking my bike and hitting up spots on the way. Should be a blast.
I Can't really tell you about any good spots... A) because they're hard to find because b) they're all illegal. (It's sad really, because we have so much excellent terrain, and could have a kick ass network) . But I'd be happy to show you around! Drop me a line next time you're in the area.[/QUOTE]

I will!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I Can't really tell you about any good spots... A) because they're hard to find because b) they're all illegal. (It's sad really, because we have so much excellent terrain, and could have a kick ass network) . But I'd be happy to show you around! Drop me a line next time you're in the area.
I will![/QUOTE]

Everything is short and sweet. Ride down just to ride back up. I had the chance to ride Waterdown. It was pretty cool.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Scored today. I was doing my EMT gig at a horse show when a woman came up and asked if I would be available to work a collegiate Hunter Jumper show. 2 dates one two day even mid Nov and one two day event in early December. They are to be held at the Pebble Beach Equestrian Center and I will have full hook ups for my RV, meals provided, and $275/day net pay.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Scored today. I was doing my EMT gig at a horse show when a woman came up and asked if I would be available to work a collegiate Hunter Jumper show. 2 dates one two day even mid Nov and one two day event in early December. They are to be held at the Pebble Beach Equestrian Center and I will have full hook ups for my RV, meals provided, and $275/day net pay.
Does this mean hot college girls in tight riding pants and boots cracking whips ?

I commend you on the service you provide for your community.