Quantcast

+_+_++_+_ GET FUNKY FRIDAY _+_+_+_+_+___+

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WFH day for the first time in two weeks. Glad those eight days of software demos are done. Anyway, I got outdoors early this morning and did 21 miles on the tri bike before work. Good ride. Saw a bear.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Brain fog is clearing gradually. I hope to maybe do an outdoor ride today to clear out the lungs and mind...we will see. Not much to do at work when I can't go in, but I suppose there's always data analysis.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Saint Jean baptiste day in Quebec. Even though I live and work from home in Ontario, technically my office is in Quebec, so i have the day off. We rented a massive cottage for the weekend for the first full family reunion reunion since before Covid.

Weather looks good. My bike isn't in working condition yet so I may bring my fishing gear instead.

Both my wife and I slept in, which was nice.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Mornin'. Somehow got logged out of my Autodesk account, and I can't remember my password. Guess I should just go home?

After voicing my concerns with the owner of the design/build firm, he increased his offer by 5K. It should be a no-brainer, but after 19 years here, pulling the trigger is harder than I thought.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just shipped my old Banshee Rune frame to its new owner in BC. Hopefully it's gets a proper thrashing out there, where it belongs.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin'. Somehow got logged out of my Autodesk account, and I can't remember my password. Guess I should just go home?

After voicing my concerns with the owner of the design/build firm, he increased his offer by 5K. It should be a no-brainer, but after 19 years here, pulling the trigger is harder than I thought.
Is the vacation time allowance good on the new position? Money isn't everything.

I accepted and then changed my mind on an new job a few years ago when I decided I didn't want to give up on the amount of PTO I had with my current job and drop down to just two weeks with the new.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Is the vacation time allowance good on the new position? Money isn't everything.

I accepted and then changed my mind on an new job a few years ago when I decided I didn't want to give up on the amount of PTO I had with my current job and drop down to just two weeks with the new.
i negotiated 3 weeks vacation when i started my current role (which was ~10 years ago, and standard for the position tier / pay grade was 2 weeks) because i knew it would be 10 years before i'd gain an extra week vacation (at 10 years you get an extra week vacation). so this year i got my extra week and am at 4 weeks vacation (which doesn't count the other forms of PTO i have).

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California

The new position comes with 2 additional vacation days, and 1 additional sick day over my current position. On the money front, after calculating the cost of insurance premiums for my family and the fact that they don't do any retirement matching (my current company matches up to 3%), I would have been taking a small pay cut to jump ship. The additional 5K he offered takes care of that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The new position comes with 2 additional vacation days, and 1 additional sick day over my current position. On the money front, after calculating the cost of insurance premiums for my family and the fact that they don't do any retirement matching (my current company matches up to 3%), I would have been taking a small pay cut to jump ship. The additional 5K he offered takes care of that.
I get the concern about moving on though too, I've been with my company for 21 years, albeit in different countries and roles.

I'm Brooks Hatlen institutionalized.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Found a roach in my kitchen last night. It was so big I looked for a license around its neck. Soaked it in murder juice and smashed it with a plastic bottle. The murder took a long time.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I get 5 weeks of PTO per year, also sitting on about 7 weeks in the PTO bank. I tend to take a day here and there, but no real long breaks. It's more of a savings account to me, as I'm paid out 100% should I leave.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I get 5 weeks of PTO per year, also sitting on about 7 weeks in the PTO bank. I tend to take a day here and there, but no real long breaks. It's more of a savings account to me, as I'm paid out 100% should I leave.
i can only carry over 5 days of vacation, and it must be used by the end of the 1st quarter of the following calendar year. rest is use it or lose it.