Quantcast

+_+_++_+_ GET FUNKY FRIDAY _+_+_+_+_+___+

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Found a roach in my kitchen last night. It was so big I looked for a license around its neck. Soaked it in murder juice and smashed it with a plastic bottle. The murder took a long time.
Thankfully no roaches here but flies are a big problem as I like to keep my back door open to let the dog come and go as he pleases. Just got a bug-a-salt, it is possible my new favorite thing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I get 5 weeks of PTO per year, also sitting on about 7 weeks in the PTO bank. I tend to take a day here and there, but no real long breaks. It's more of a savings account to me, as I'm paid out 100% should I leave.
I can't accrue more than 8 weeks of PTO, it does roll over though and I do get paid for it if I do leave.

However I used to accrue sick time separately from PTO, but then they just moved it all under the same PTO accrual. I've got about 600 hours of grandfathered sick time, I don't get paid for that if I leave :rant:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
whats the deal with bug a salt?

Basically a nerf gun that shoots a bit of salt. Does a good job of fucking up flies up to about 5' away but unless you shot it directly into your eyes it is pretty much harmless.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Basically a nerf gun that shoots a bit of salt. Does a good job of fucking up flies up to about 5' away but unless you shot it directly into your eyes it is pretty much harmless.

cool idea, but i was picturing something smaller. not a salt powered ar15 for insects

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Would you look at that. Spot where I got laser blasted during a clinical demonstration a few weeks ago is almost healed, and it did deliver on the promise to eliminate the uneven pigmentation. Cool.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Local fire update. Pleasanton ridge is holding at 71 acres with forward progress stopped. 90% of the riding trails are unburnt. Tesla fire east of me aways is still raging and is over 500 acres and less than 50% contained. Wind tends to come up in about an hour so we shall see what happens.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon! School's out for summer!!!!! I was the last one out of the damn parking lot again today...I tried to get out before someone, but failed. Oh well....having a Titos and tonic on the deck before I head back for graduation. It feels good to be done!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Car show on the street near my house this weekend. Need to plan an early escape to avoid the throngs of boomers desperate to talk to people about their purple flame paint jobs.