Quantcast

_^_ slacking Sunday GMT _^_

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woken up by MIL snoring. Getting ready to leave shortly for final leg of the drive home - Vegas to Denver. Should take about 11-12hrs, so I want to leave early. On the third book of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. It really is a great novel.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Day trip/furniture run to Maine.
Bissell Bros and/or Maine Beer Co stops may be in order.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Forecast says an inch of rain or 4" of snow, so riding today or tomorrow is likely not happening...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Why not both? bunker brewing is close by too. And Austin st and lone pine are maybe another 5 minutes
Freeport is on my permanent kill list though it might be bearable at moment.
Love lone pine and will pick some up from the local fish market, who’s put together a killer selection of local beers.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ride with the elusive vinnycactus in the books. prolly the only decent day this week. rain/t storms in the forecast next few days. trails dried out pretty well. still super humid. now for some yardwork/fam time...beers

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Freeport is on my permanent kill list though it might be bearable at moment.
Love lone pine and will pick some up from the local fish market, who’s put together a killer selection of local beers.
All of those breweries are at the edge of the downtown area, easy access from 295. You'll pass Austin st on your way to lone pine from Bissell, so why not? And bunker is tucked out of the way too

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I've decided I really like building bikes. Putting together the kid hauler was soothing and it's so much fun waiting for new parts to arrive. I know I have bought and sold a fuckton of bikes over the years, but I'm learning now that part of the joy is just building them up and seeing how they do. It's pretty dumb pissing away money by upgrading a thing and then selling it after some time, but I now understand that this is part of the hobby for me.

Hopefully some road miles after lunch, it's beautiful outside.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've decided I really like building bikes. Putting together the kid hauler was soothing and it's so much fun waiting for new parts to arrive. I know I have bought and sold a fuckton of bikes over the years, but I'm learning now that part of the joy is just building them up and seeing how they do. It's pretty dumb pissing away money by upgrading a thing and then selling it after some time, but I now understand that this is part of the hobby for me.

Hopefully some road miles after lunch, it's beautiful outside.
How about llf at 5:30pm today?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yesterday I did the same ride that @6thElement and his missus did the day before, followed by housing a pizza and some delicious IPA from a local. My legs aren’t pleased with me today.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
All of those breweries are at the edge of the downtown area, easy access from 295. You'll pass Austin st on your way to lone pine from Bissell, so why not? And bunker is tucked out of the way too
Gotta say, buying beers curbside vs wading through a sea of overall and neckbeard wearing hipsters is a huge improvement.
Portland :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yesterday I did the same ride that @6thElement and his missus did the day before, followed by housing a pizza and some delicious IPA from a local. My legs aren’t pleased with me today.
You should continue the trend and do the ride we did yesterday :D

The pizza and beer sounds good, although our bison burgers last night were equally so.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Gotta say, buying beers curbside vs wading through a sea of overall and neckbeard wearing hipsters is a huge improvement.
Portland :rofl:
pretty sure we're gonna not do our annual maine trip this summer since there's apparently no end in sight to the 14 day quarantine period for maine. those fuckers are going to destroy their primary economic season.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Woken up by MIL snoring. Getting ready to leave shortly for final leg of the drive home - Vegas to Denver. Should take about 11-12hrs, so I want to leave early. On the third book of Stephen King's Dark Tower series. It really is a great novel.
One of my favorite series. I took great umbrage at the movie they released a few years ago, it was hot trash and didn't do a fabulous series justice.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You should continue the trend and do the ride we did yesterday :D

The pizza and beer sounds good, although our bison burgers last night were equally so.
You did a big mixed surface ride on the gravel bikes, right? My… uh… Gravel bike has a flat tire? it’s in the shop for repairs? Whatever, hard pass. You guys are animals.

One of my favorite series. I took great umbrage at the movie they released a few years ago, it was hot trash and didn't do a fabulous series justice.
Being illiterate, I’ve never read the books. But I did find the movie mildly entertaining… But I have trash taste in movies so YMMV.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
pretty sure we're gonna not do our annual maine trip this summer since there's apparently no end in sight to the 14 day quarantine period for maine. those fuckers are going to destroy their primary economic season.
I wouldn’t decide one way or other yet, I think that 14 day thing will be gone by end of June.
restaurants are open around here again as are campgrounds ettc (though just ME res for now).
Hopefully it works out so we can ride.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Haven't seen the movie nor read the books. Guess I should put that on my library list, eh?

Grey rainy day here today. Making overnight cinnamon rolls for the eldest spawn's 19th. Making homemade manicotti shells because what the fuck else I got to do?

Also - more homemad mozzarella today. Again, because fuck you.

Tasked the eldest with planning out the irrigation system for the garden... he's done fuck-all with it. Rather play video games. Shocker. :mad:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Probably because having a bunch of diseased mouth breathers showing up causing everything to close back up would be worse.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome ride today with the wheel builder guy and his lady friend. Showed then around the maze of trails I call home - I think they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had an embarrassing moment on the smallest bump of a jump. Foot came unclipped midair and whilst trying to not eat shit, my right calf got wedged in the tire and seat stay. That'll be a nice coloured bruise tomorrow...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Awesome ride today with the wheel builder guy and his lady friend. Showed then around the maze of trails I call home - I think they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Had an embarrassing moment on the smallest bump of a jump. Foot came unclipped midair and whilst trying to not eat shit, my right calf got wedged in the tire and seat stay. That'll be a nice coloured bruise tomorrow...
I can't ride clipped on a mountain bike because I'm hot dogging everything, often to disastrous results.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
ordered fuji 100-400mm with 2x teleconverter because it was 500 bucks off and can resell after the trip if i want.