Quantcast

\-_-/ Freederp GMT \-_-/

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rain, Rain, Rain and some more Rain is what is happening here today. I also managed to rip my favorite fall riding shirt on a tree last night. It is my own damn fault letting it hang out a bit too much, but sometimes you gotta let it buck.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. I hit the pool early this morning for 2200 yards. Tiring workout after yesterday's hard masters swim. I am getting faster, which is kind of cool.

According to weather reports, ski season is approaching quickly.....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Starting raining yeasterday afternoon and it is still pouring out. good stuff as we need the rain. Lifted weights and ran on the elliptical in lieu of riding last night. Lots of tired muscles this morning:banana:

Steeling myself for dealing with morons on the wet roadways for the next 10 hours:banghead:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
almost 2" of snow yesterday, melting slowly...last (outdoor) BMX race tonight, maybe...Trunk Or Treat event at track, too. Kid hopes it still happens but wet track usually cancels. Me? I wanna drink some Brooklyn Octoberfest & watch Young Frankenstein tonight!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy shit, you guys are up and at em early today... it was a shit show of a night last night. little guy has grown accustomed to his mom sleeping in the same bed as him and wakes when she tries to leave... no matter how deep asleep he is. Older child had nightmares, so I was up from 2:30 to 3:30, then youngest was up crying for an hour. fuck.

supposedly it snowed 2.5" last night, but it was mixed with drizzle so it's mush and didn't really accumulate. there's snow on the roofs, but roads are clear so I was still able to bike in to work. It's going to be interesting in the woods this weekend.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hello, friends. I hit the pool early this morning for 2200 yards. Tiring workout after yesterday's hard masters swim. I am getting faster, which is kind of cool.

According to weather reports, ski season is approaching quickly.....
I skipped my run last night because tired and went to bed at 8:30pm with full intention of waking up at 4:45am to swim. That did not occur. Alarm went off and I rolled over sleeping until 5:15am. 9.5 hours of sleep last night. I'm thinking I have been a bit worn out with training...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello.

I love Fridays, but not for the obvious encroaching weekend shenanigans. The traffic here is SOOOO much better on Fridays morning. For example, this morning I slept in until 8, did all my morning crap and was at work by 9. Any other day and I have to leave somewhere between 7:30-8:00 just to maybe arrive at work by 9.

Got an invite to some bike jam thing happening in a local spot on Sunday. Might have to go check it out.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Adventurous knocked off about 12 PRs on a local trail yesterday so I might make a run at that before he gets QOM.

Zero to do today aside from breakfast, ride somewhere, not going to a halloween party with @stoney and his much better half, watching the Cubs and probably regret not going to the swingin' bash about 12 hours from now.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! I had a super good ride yesterday in 70 degree weather with very little wind and more gnats than I remember from spring. I'm a mouth breather when pedaling hard so I an hour or so hacking up tiny bugs after the ride. Also rode pretty fast but was on the hard tail so it doesn't really count. :)

Today is another short work day but not sure if I will be up for a ride, hopefully I will be able to plan some of my bike tris for 2017. Does anyone know of a camp site in Sedona that is close to worthwhile trails? Thinking of that for February.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
good climbing session, followed by wings and beers (west coast green flash was on tap). have noticed starting to get some slight muscle imbalances due to the frequent climbing. gotta do some exercises to fix that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I too sacked out at 8:30 last night, had a bit of a sore throat and teh sniffles. Was awoken at 5 by wife getting up for work. Managed to doze until the girls left at 6:30. Went for run and dog walk, still have sore throat so maybe I shouldn't have run. Disappointed to remember that I have to go to work tomorrow after 10 days off. :disgust: Also have to attend child school function today which eats up almost all of my last day off.

On the other hand, bonus check delivered. Imma buy skis from @Nick. :banana:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last nights work session was not bad at all. Bad Halloween party (supporting wife) tonight, work tomorrow night, then work Sunday morning. Should go quickly, Sunday is the last AIX system and we have a ton of help on it since this is the production server cluster. They were none too happy when I kicked the test database last time (nobody told me there was a shutdown process). / :nerd:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
great day in the hills. sunny. 70*. great route (beehive and raiders for NC monkies). one flat. would've been a much worse day if i'd run over this bad boy
I've run into a lot of snakes this year, mainly bull but a few rattlers. Only ran over one and I felt awful. Snakes fascinate me...

In other news - my weekend has begun. Its actually sunny, 60 degrees with little wind, what to do? I guess the only real dilemma is Giggle Pig or hard tail? There will also be beer, I stopped drinking beer to avoid the fat but you guys are a bad influence. I now have a taste for bitter beer.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have a 5 minute goal for the whole DH to the creek.
... while yelling out Strava! to clear the trail of hikers. :D

I think I'll head up and do the short loop at White Ranch tomorrow and see what I can do.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
great day in the hills. sunny. 70*. great route (beehive and raiders for NC monkies). one flat. would've been a much worse day if i'd run over this bad boy
Mmmm Beeehive...rawks...

WNC rattle snakes are green, not brown like you would think, which makes it damn hard to spot them off trail. Fortunately they have built in alarms.,

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i ride about once every 2-3 weeks right now. that fucker was lying at the top of a particularly steep section of fire road after about 3200' of climbing on the day deep in the middle of nowhere. no bunny hopz were had. a wide berth and muck repekt were given.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
i ride about once every 2-3 weeks right now. that fucker was lying at the top of a particularly steep section of fire road after about 3200' of climbing on the day deep in the middle of nowhere. no bunny hopz were had. a wide berth and muck repekt were given.
Reminds me of a post I saw by a runner on the local trail reporting Facebook page. She said she and a bunch of onlookers were ooing and aaahing about a rattlesnake in the middle of the trail when a biker goes whizzing by and runs the fucker over. I had to laugh.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fire just south of Highlands Ranch and encroaching north relatively quickly. :panic:Multiple friends evacuated already. :thumbsdown:Guess we might have some guests this weekend...