Quantcast

@#$_&&Happy 'MuricA Birthday))(+--

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Awesome ride with buddies last night. The trails in this particular forest are running so well and so tight, with all the foliage drooping over from the heat.

Finished it off with a swim in the hole at the ski resort across the street. Doesn't get much better...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
:wave:

Going to attempt a backpacking overnighter with the wife so as to be as far away from "civilization" as possible tonight. First time since my accident. Concerned about my cripple shoulder. Wish my wife luck.
I say a prayer to @FSM for her EVERY night, my good man. That woman should be canonized IMNSHO. :D

The people or the cheese? Cause Swiss cheese is kinda gross.
Wat?!? Gruyère? Emmental? Mmm... cheese.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Fireworks apparently started last night here in West Seattle.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Things I need to do:
  • Find someone to watch the doggos Saturday - ???
  • Get a flight to my hometown for Saturday
  • Look at flights out of Indy to CO for ???
  • Pack my stuff and my girlfriend's stuff (she's in RI dealing with her dad's death... fortunately driving back to CO from RI and being dropped off in my hometown)
  • Make sure our offshore devs have enough to work on while I am out of pocket for all this funeral BS
  • Profit!

It's been a weird week.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Happy 4th of July everybody. I have been locked out Ridemonkey for a long time as the Lizard King decided Ridemonkey was not GDPR complaint.

Not much to report besides I missed my ride in France when they would not let me on the plane to France from Copenhagen without a passport. So much for the EU both getting me locked out of RM and going back on the borderless travel.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
On this day 244 years ago Ted Rosenberg was walking down the street in Philadlephia. He was hungry and was in search of some street meat. He could not find any. Disappointed he enlisted a local Butcher to make him some special sausages. The Butcher used a combination of pork, veal, and spices to produce what Ted was accustomed to in his old country. Ted being a Patriot and entrepreneur. Opened a Colonial Bodega (East Allen and North Delaware by Penns Treaty park). They also served Chopped cheese and Pimento Sandwich's and the Red wine in a Milk Jug like they do still to this day in our Local Bodegas. On this day he introduced the world to his famous sausages. They were very popular and the local establishment was not able to profit from his success. As all the resources to produce his sausages were produced locally. The Local representative of the crown decided to shut him down. His name was Sir Richard Head, he and his family fled to Nova Scotia to escape the local wrath. Still to this day you cannot get a decent hotdog in Nova Scotia. To this day this is why we eat sausages in celebration on this day. Now most of you probably haven't heard of Ted Rosenberg until today. Happy Birthday America. Thanks Ted.... You cannot get a decent sausage in a depanneur anywhere in Canada or the UK for that matter.... Bangers are shit....

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tornado Watch in effect. Sitting on the front porch watching the lightning and the hail storm pummel the Subaru. I don't think it's insurance claim level yet, but I might need to get it washed to check in the next day or two.

Tomatoes have been brought up against the house and peppers are under the patio table. Hopefully everything survives.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Tornado Watch in effect. Sitting on the front porch watching the lightning and the hail storm pummel the Subaru. I don't think it's insurance claim level yet, but I might need to get it washed to check in the next day or two.

Tomatoes have been brought up against the house and peppers are under the patio table. Hopefully everything survives.
I wonder how bad it is in my area. Land Cruiser is parked outside on the tender like usual and our plants are uncovered…

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Happy Birthday "Merica!

Listed to some amazing blues. Jim Belushi was there promoting his farm and introduced Roy Rodgers. It was really good.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I’m a few years late but I finally got around to watching Pixar’s Coco. That was really good.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Coco was fantastic.
Waterworks for our family.
The Frida Kalo part was a little...out there
favorite pixar movies for me.....wall e and the one with the old man and the balloon house....