Quantcast

-_- Thursday-_-

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally had a good board meeting yesterday. New finance guy really delivered where the one the I inherited from previous management was useless. Finances looking better and better. Just need to find a fix to pay off loans which is not an easy task.

Really enjoying Singapore. I think more than last time. Me and the girlfriend are really hitting it off too. What is strange is that often working away from the office makes me more productive. Plus kind of cool its 7:30pm and we are sitting outside both working on the laptops and like if you have the whole day you can break up the work day eating some of all the good food in this town.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I don't want to say it, but taking the bus and a couple days off the single speed have done wonders for my lower back. Need to figure out how to make some adjustments to my bike/commute so I can keep this all working. I've really enjoyed taking the bike every day so I hate to have to stop

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I don't want to say it, but taking the bus and a couple days off the single speed have done wonders for my lower back. Need to figure out how to make some adjustments to my bike/commute so I can keep this all working. I've really enjoyed taking the bike every day so I hate to have to stop
Huh, wonder what you could change?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Meowdy!

Was hoping for more sleep but I think it’s a bit rare when I slept for nearly 24 hours a day since Monday. Hopefully I am feeling more than 50% today because the trees that need to come down today require respect. We shall see

Oh and I had a semi solid turd for the first time in a week so got that going for me

@Toshi and I would like to formally induct you into the cool kids club of e-bikes. You have permission to enjoy yourself

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Much better sleep last night.

The freeway I use to get to work was closed this morning. I guess they didn't finish their construction work on time. Thank you!

So much to do at work.... :dead:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Huh, wonder what you could change?
Forever ago my only bike was 32-13, raced it DH Sunday and rode XC on other days, it was brutal on the upper body.
SS is dumb unless you live somewhere flat and/or have heaps of time to get places.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Child had a nightmare and needed comforting at 3 am. Never really got back to sleep after that. Now I am the one that needs comforting. Or coffee. Or both.

I really need to arrange to get my truck fixed. I keep saying it but not doing it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Forever ago my only bike was 32-13, raced it DH Sunday and rode XC on other days, it was brutal on the upper body.
SS is dumb unless you live somewhere flat and/or have heaps of time to get places.
Back when I first moved to CO I only brought my Sovereign as a SS, while I looked for a place to live. I think it was 32/15 as a street/dj setup. Anyway, one partial ride (walk?) and I went 32/18, then 32/20, then fuck this and put the derailleur back on. No SS for this guy.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Back when I first moved to CO I only brought my Sovereign as a SS, while I looked for a place to live. I think it was 32/15 as a street/dj setup. Anyway, one partial ride (walk?) and I went 32/18, then 32/20, then fuck this and put the derailleur back on. No SS for this guy.
I enjoy buff creek SS and rigid SS, but there's not many other places around here that I'd ride proper trails SS.

30/20 on a 29er when I do it now, versus 32/20 when I used to race 100 milers SS.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
To be clear, the single speed is my road bike, and my commute is about as flat as it gets in Colorado Springs. My commute home has just under 300 feet of climbing, all of it in the last mile or so.
is it the geometry / fit?
Part of it, to be sure. Stem is probably too long, handlebars a bit too low. But the other part is DEFINITELY age/medical history. Like many things, a single solution probably doesn't exist. Bike fit, I can address
Some of us still ride 26”.
1000007574.gif

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

With my recent lumbar MRI results. I’m about ready to admit that while I can still ride a bike, I probably won’t and shouldn’t, particularly around this city. I might just put my Kona Unit on the chopping block. I really should sell off my 1Up rack too.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
working in the office again today. decided to give a workstation with one of those curved screens a try. they kind of give me a headache. not sure if I will get used to it or not. my blue-blocking anti-glare reading glasses sort of help, but not a lot.

With my recent lumbar MRI results. I’m about ready to admit that while I can still ride a bike, I probably won’t and shouldn’t, particularly around this city. I might just put my Kona Unit on the chopping block. I really should sell off my 1Up rack too.
for me, hiking seems to be the absolute best remedy for my lumbar pain. I went to the Adirondacks mid-August for two days with my boy and haven't had to deal with back pain since. it's uncanny. I've discovered my biggest trigger is being sedentary... not moving, whether it's sitting at my desk (or standing for that matter), lying on the couch or in bed... it all leads to back pain. so moving is necessary. biking is good. skate skiing is better. hiking is best... now if only I could get my foot pain sorted so I can get back out there again (have physio tomorrow).

also, I'm pretty sure I've posted this book here before, but this guy is solid, and his process to identify back pain and choose a treatment/rehab plan is top notch: https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=the+back+mechanic+by+stuart+mcgill&hvadid=671373039593&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9000633&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2520175989588952382&hvtargid=kwd-310757773651&hydadcr=22490_13497871&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_am2dzlhjf_e

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Birthday dinner tonight with the boy and his brood, so that will be nice. We are supposed to have frozen the code on Monday and it is still mostly liquid, so that's no good.

As some of you know, my birthday is kinda shitty with dad being gone and my daughter not talking to me (we have the same birthday). But it helps to feel some love from total strangers.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Morning Monkeys.

Birthday dinner tonight with the boy and his brood, so that will be nice. We are supposed to have frozen the code on Monday and it is still mostly liquid, so that's no good.

As some of you know, my birthday is kinda shitty with dad being gone and my daughter not talking to me (we have the same birthday). But it helps to feel some love from total strangers.
Hopefully you treated yourself to something.

Otherwise may I suggest:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
@Pesqueeb as uncool as they are, a thudbuster helped my lower back issues when bike commuting. High pressure tires, rigid frame and generally seated riding position (I assume) mean more “stress” on the back.

Right now I am waiting for my ride after dropping off the work truck at the mechanic. Had them do a bunch of work this summer so the truck would be tiptop for harvest. Brand new throw out bearing started howling on the first day of harvest. They are gonna try to R&R it and get it back to me by end of business today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up at 530am and working early. Glad I did because a client oops'ed and transfered a large amount of money to us by accident. I was able to catch it before things got reallocated and taxes ensued.

Also Wifey's bday today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Here. Up at 530am and working early. Glad I did because a client oops'ed and transfered a large amount of money to us by accident. I was able to catch it before things got reallocated and taxes ensued.

Also Wifey's bday today.
Get her something nice: