Quantcast

#@$_&+-Today&_$@@

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy New Year, mtb primates!! I've got a 5K race in an hour and am there early, because that's how I roll. Looks like a good crowd here. I look forward to whipping their asses.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
First cup of coffee in 2020. Delicious.
I may ski later, who knows. Here is hoping '20 is a good year.

Edit: apple pie for breakfast. Im already winning 1/1.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today is my holiday day to work for the year. I think I will eat in a bit--drunken noodle leftovers to start the year off right.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
last night was good fun with the womanlover

made gnocchi, shrimp in a white wine / garlic / butter sauce, green beans in garlic

anyone have any gnocci secrets? (mostly you @jdcamb)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last day off and I have gotten nothing done. Kinda nice. Fox says it's $175 to fix the broke rebound on my fork. Seems totally worth it.

I hope to hear about the awkward job this week. I know I have work this month, but I am not a fan of month to month employment.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

All well that ends well. Rental boots for kid was a clusterfuck, but got sorted for the weekend eventually. Wife went to customer service and used her best teacher/stern talking-to voice and got us in the parade, and it was fucking awesome. At the Lodge now drinking coffee to fuel up for a full day on the mountain.

Also learned a delightful new acronym from ski patrol while on the lift yesterday. SPORS: Stupid People On Rental Skis.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Happy new decade fellow monkeys!

A little hung over today, but hanging in there! Driving home (again). Kids have day camp the rest of the week, so my wife and I will enjoy two days of peace and quiet at home.

I have to sharpen my arguments to convince her it's a good idea to get a condo on the ski hill that also has an extensive bike network. I think it would be highly beneficial for our boys. Of course, it'd work well for me too. Just have to find something that works for her too.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Went to ride the local trails today. Not many folks riding, just 2 XC guys and a couple, him on a Cannondale e-moped and her on a MTB. He must be the weaker of the two that he needed electric assistance. ;)
He was a pretty good rider but cased some of the jumps (guess he first gets used to the weight of the moped). They also sessioned a couple of spots, which I did as well, so I rode behing him on some short steep uphill sections. And holy f***, the rear wheel spinning and digging up the trail surface is real! He was not even riding super aggro but seemed to not be able to control the power output well. Same for wet roots where he slipped and spun out in some spots. First time I have seen an e-moped on these trails, time to get to the workshop and make an EMP gun. :butcher:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Drove 1200 miles home yesterday. Went a slightly longer route to avoid the snowy bits of a storm. The first 869 miles was on desolate highways where I probably saw 20 other cars. It was amazing.

Amazing at least until I got home to find out some crack head kicked open my back door and broke into the house. Fuckhead took my non narcotic arthritis medicine and a few shiney things that were not with anything.

Drove 1200 miles home yesterday. Went a slightly longer route to avoid the snowy bits of a storm. The first 869 miles was on desolate highways where I probably saw 20 other cars. It was amazing.

Amazing at least until I got home to find out some crack head kicked open my back door and broke into the house. Fuckhead took my non narcotic arthritis medicine and a few shiney things that were not with anything.
That sucks a purple rock...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Bummer, maybe you should keep some of hookers in the basement alive for such an emergency?

OTOH we returned home from Idahoozle (to BZN) to find 6 packages stacked up in front of our door.

(#WeStillHangBikeThieves/PorchBanditsInMT)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Boooo......

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Reminded why I never drive through the tunnel to ski. 1:30 to get from Silverthorne to Georgetown, leaving Copper at 1:15pm.

Wifey got a few runs in with her new boots. Fit adjustments will need to be made, but she likes them for the most part. I had her take notes for where things were bothering her. Her quads are completely blown, but that makes sense since she hasn't skied in a year.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. Ugh.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
last night was good fun with the womanlover

made gnocchi, shrimp in a white wine / garlic / butter sauce, green beans in garlic

anyone have any gnocci secrets? (mostly you @jdcamb)
Not an actual recipe, but I like to colored them in a pan after boil, in some olive oil and/or butter with a little rosemary. A

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Steaks were fucking delicious.
I just ate the cap off my ribeye but am too full for the rest (had some tomato soup as well). Steak is a fine thing. Now off to see Star Wars IX again, because why not?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Another kick my ass in the gym night was had. 30 minutes on the elliptical and 60 minutes of weight training I did 6 rotations of sets of 20 reps : Curls, Lat Pull downs, Bench Press, Rows. 6 sets of 50 sit ups and 6 sets of leg press at 30 reps. I just have to not slack off and I should be back to where I was before I shattered my ankle in a month or so from now.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I think I might try to fit some skiing in tomorrow, and push work off until later in the afternoon/evening.

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 10.34.19 PM.png

Looked like about 3" accumulated by noon, then snow stake cleared at 4:30 PM and this thus far.