Quantcast

+__+_+_+_+_+_+ bro it's friday, do you know where your children are? +_+_+_+_+_+_

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
So when are you jumping ship?
Solid question. Question that’s in my head daily. I have a very good book of business and have a (fairly) good reputation in the area for being the Ag insurance guy. Leaving would be leaving customer relationships that I’ve had for a long time.

I’ve been getting my life and finances in order to work for myself but at just not to that point yet. Still a few years out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One of mine has done the morning wake up and feed me routine for a few years now.
It wasn't bad when it was 8:00am, but in the last few months we have graduated to starting as early as 4:30am. This morning we were allowed to sleep in to 5:40 :disgust:

I think he is getting us back for naming him Eugene Oliver. :doh::clapping: :rofl:

Offending party in grey.
View attachment 193991
one of cats does is. in the morning he sometimes gorges himself on his wet food then barfs because he ate too fast. they have dry food available at all times.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Solid question. Question that’s in my head daily. I have a very good book of business and have a (fairly) good reputation in the area for being the Ag insurance guy. Leaving would be leaving customer relationships that I’ve had for a long time.

I’ve been getting my life and finances in order to work for myself but at just not to that point yet. Still a few years out.
Could they not follow you? Or are they contractually tied to your employer for some extended period of time?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
maybe it's the angle but that's one goofy looking saddle
It is. It's basically a noseless Fizik Arione, but I got it post vasectomy to help with pain and had it lying in a bin...so why not build a bike around it? It works for riding pain free in the aero position, but it's not comfortable and I slide forward quite a bit.
It ain’t got no chain on it.
nor brake levers nor shifters...hopefully this weekend

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Could they not follow you? Or are they contractually tied to your employer for some extended period of time?
I am. Through a little investigation many other local small agencies are the same show. The old guys that run them still think they can pay support staff 30 grand. So not sure where I would go in the Insurance world.

So I work on my book of business selling seed and chemical as a side hustle. Once I cross the income threshold I’m after. Peace out bitches.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
boy 2 came back from ER with a diagnosis of a broken big toe. No running for a month. So no dryland training with his ski team, no playing soccer, and no gym classes.

Maybe biking, if he can do it pain free. It might be the opportunity to get him set up with clipless pedals, that way he can use some of my older very stiff-soled shoes...

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Went to REI for something else. Found car colored hat which is also bass color hat. And 25% off. Instant gratification.
…come to think of it, I wonder if we can get the lizards to change the RM theme green to match these things… after they fix the fancy.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
car scheduled to get towed to shop for new front tire; ac issue was needing a new capacitor as one of @AngryMetalsmith's favorite critters had built a nest in the area housing it and chewed shit up...now to figure out new homeowner's/car insurance...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went to REI for something else. Found car colored hat which is also bass color hat. And 25% off. Instant gratification.
…come to think of it, I wonder if we can get the lizards to change the RM theme green to match these things… after they fix the fancy.
Get a matching track suit to finish the look

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Next in the queue after fancy is to swap bad spelling for SMRT Homer.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
feet up on porch listening to evening birds and celebrating completing the last day of tours for our picasso landscapes and bearden/picasso shows. record crowds meant record insanity. one more writing deadline for a fall show on weds and then it's chillin' and starting to develop future projects! and of course, fuckit fridays and mountain mondays!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had my 1:1 today and my boss asked when was my last day of probation. I said I thought it was the last week in May and if he was planning to get rid of me already. He said it feels like I've made a positive impact since I walked in. That was nice to hear. He also said it would be at least 3 years before I really grasp everything, so that felt better, too. There's a lot here for sure.