Quantcast

______Good Thursday Morning_______

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I've got a half marathon Sunday. Flat course and the weather looks favorable. Boston Marathon is six weeks away so this is a tune up/predictor race. I'm gunning for a 1:25, which would tell me a sub-3:00 marathon is possible.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:wave:

Anyone every get sciatica? Cause I think I have it. Getting old sucks.
I have been dealing with lower back issues most my life, but more so now that I am old. Out of the blue I started getting pain down my right leg while seated.

As a software engineer, I sit for 7 of my 8 hour day. I couldn't sit for more than 40 minutes without going for a walk to make it settle. 3 months of that shit with chiro twice a week. Then one day on the way home from the chiro, flipped my car, problem solved.

I don't recommend it as a treatment option, but it worked for me. :rofl:

/coolstorybro

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I have been dealing with lower back issues most my life, but more so now that I am old. Out of the blue I started getting pain down my right leg while seated.

As a software engineer, I sit for 7 of my 8 hour day. I couldn't sit for more than 40 minutes without going for a walk to make it settle. 3 months of that shit with chiro twice a week. Then one day on the way home from the chiro, flipped my car, problem solved.

/coolstorybro

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Mornin!

Arrived in Texas last night and already had to smash mosquitoes. It’s still winter! What kind of cruel joke is that?!?

Gonna visit the Blue Bell ice cream factory today on the way up to Waco. Maybe I can score some Texas BBQ since the stuff I had in SC and GA was downright disappointing.
If you go to San Antonio, go the a place called "The General Public". Burgers were amaze ballz. Went there before a movie, and made it a regular place to go when i still lived there.

#42 right?
You got it!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

/coolstorybro
What did your chiro say about your fix?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What did your chiro say about your fix?
He was the third person I called. Tow truck (I know a guy) insurance, then him. I felt great after the accident, but thought it was just adrenaline. He said "get back in here soon if you need it."

I still see him for continued other issues, but the shooting leg thing is gone. I wasn't about to be the asshole with a standing desk. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Morning. Just got paid with a check that contained 66 hours of over time. Not sure what to do with having extra money after paying the mortgage.
Do you have any debt at a higher rate than the effective rate on your mortgage? (Note that your effective rate may well be your nominal rate now with the larger standard deduction.) If so pay down that first.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, what a morning.

As I am exiting the freeway, it occurred to me that I had taken my laptop home (uncommon) and forgotten it there. So rather than start my day at 6, it started at 8:30. Then spent another 20 minutes waiting for said laptop to finish rebooting after installing updates.

Is it too early to go home yet?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Do you have any debt at a higher rate than the effective rate on your mortgage? (Note that your effective rate may well be your nominal rate now with the larger standard deduction.) If so pay down that first.
Done already. Should be running a refi this summer and getting house down to about 2.5,
All other debt is handled and done.... it's been a very long times sin e I have had extra cash

Moar pew pews?
Did that already...

I know, I know.......

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Done already. Should be running a refi this summer and getting house down to about 2.5,
All other debt is handled and done.... it's been a very long times sin e I have had extra cash
Excellent. Where are you seeing 2.5% btw? On bankrate I'm not seeing anything below 3.250%, and that's 10 year fixed with nearly a point down.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy hell, what a morning.

As I am exiting the freeway, it occurred to me that I had taken my laptop home (uncommon) and forgotten it there. So rather than start my day at 6, it started at 8:30. Then spent another 20 minutes waiting for said laptop to finish rebooting after installing updates.
You see this as a bad thing. I see it as a valid excuse to have moar coffee and twiddle thumbs or maybe play tic-tac-toe with your local cubicle neighbor.

Is it too early to go home yet?
No. The only time that it is ever too early to go home, is when you're already home.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Excellent. Where are you seeing 2.5% btw? On bankrate I'm not seeing anything below 3.250%, and that's 10 year fixed with nearly a point down.
Mann mortgage does my stuff. That's the hope, but three months can make all the difference I. the mortgage world.

Minimum we can move to a conventional over a HUD and get rid of pmi

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I told my buddy he needs to do his GTR. This is a guy who decided $500+ was too much for the Lego Millennium Falcon, so he found the parts list and pieced it together for about $150. :rofl:
we downloaded plans for the death star about 5 years ago and built it almost entirely from a combination of pieces i handed down amd pieces my son had /coolstorybro