Quantcast

>> A case of the Mondays GTM >>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Back at work after 3 weeks vacation. Finished off with a really fun trip to Berlin. Really cool city to visit and a lot of good food. Easy drive with ferry ride from Copenhagen.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Colleagues from overseas are in the office visiting this week, so I imagine I'll be doing something social to show my face. Going to be a busy work week and I'm not really about that.

Otherwise, trying to line up the myriad of things I need to get done next week when I'm off.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Just finished a week's holiday and was supposed to go back today, but I text in sick.
I wish they'd fire me, I am well and truly out of sick days and never hand in my paperwork so they can't bill people.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
1/4 of the way trough my transports for the day and it's not even 0600 :banghead:

Time to eat Breakfast.

Checked Fedex Tracking. The cooling unit for the camper fridge has reached Stockton Ca. so it should arrive today or tomorrow YAY

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Back to work.

Discovered I made a small mistake in my calculations on something, but got thrown under the bus on it (badly). It's something that I have picked up for benefits, so it stings particularly badly.

We're about 90% on picking up a new, much larger client which will be going to me, and I have been fighting to keep this one. Given benefits pulled this on a legitimate small mistake, after the amount of their mistakes I've caught and fixed, my want to keep them has dropped to nil. I'll provide them with data going forward; they can fill out paperwork.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Doing ten different; not my job, jobs today at work cause others won't work.

Air quality is supposed to go down all day.

Riding later, sans beverages cause to far to drive home.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ugh. got an email that the director and 3 faculty from the preschool we have our daughter enrolled in for the fall have all resigned, effectively cancelling it for the year. at this point its unlikely we'll be able to find something else.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ugh. got an email that the director and 3 faculty from the preschool we have our daughter enrolled in for the fall have all resigned, effectively cancelling it for the year. at this point its unlikely we'll be able to find something else.
Sounds like it was a great working environment. Perhaps this is for the better.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Vacation continues

Queen beds are inferior to kings

Had weird dreams last night involving being replicated in Tesla's machine a la The Prestige and then not recognizing things in my life as I was a "fresh copy"

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

In office today, ugh. Monday and Friday are the new office days, yay. The rate cases are going around here, it might not be for long. Also my desk snacks are lacking because I'm never here. Not a good day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
from what we can gather the staff and director had a listed of recommended changes (some covid related, some not) but the board of directors declined them all, despite having money to afford it.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Buy a Toyota they said, they're reliable they said. Fucking Tacoma needed yet another battery, I think that makes 4 in 155k miles. AC decided it doesn't work anymore, and it's idling at 400 rpm, meaning it barely keeps going at stoplights. All today's issues may be related to the battery swap, but I can't sort out how exactly. Debating whether to actually try to fix it, or dump it now and buy a cheap beater to hold me over until new truck availability is better.

from what we can gather the staff and director had a listed of recommended changes (some covid related, some not) but the board of directors declined them all, despite having money to afford it.
4 people resigned and it effectively shut down the whole preschool, but they have a BOD? What's the ratio of staff to BOD members? Seems like if 4 staff resigning kills the whole program they're small enough that they don't need a BOD, or is the preschool attached to a much bigger institution?

That blows, yeah maybe you're better off elsewhere, but only if you can find an elsewhere to send the kiddo to. Finding space at a daycare/preschool in these parts is damn near impossible.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what the fucking hell she says...

20210802_115647.jpg

for her to poop/pee instead of becoming road pizza....

watching mom/dad try to chase after her was enough...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We've had really good luck with Primrose. Obviously school dependant, but give it a go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
4 people resigned and it effectively shut down the whole preschool, but they have a BOD? What's the ratio of staff to BOD members? Seems like if 4 staff resigning kills the whole program they're small enough that they don't need a BOD, or is the preschool attached to a much bigger institution?

That blows, yeah maybe you're better off elsewhere, but only if you can find an elsewhere to send the kiddo to. Finding space at a daycare/preschool in these parts is damn near impossible.
its a small preschool run out of a local church. it sounds like they are separate businesses.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I almost downsized to a twin recently. Stayed with a queen so I can switch sides if pee the bed.
a friends husband literally gets piss drunk and wets the bed....plastic cover for mattress...

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
a friends husband literally gets pisss drunk and wets the bed....plastic cover for mattress...
Oh. I’ve got a primary and secondary solution. The fun is when I’m traveling and I wake up in another bed with a situation. Nerve damage. Whatcha gonna do?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I don't think that a king would fit in our master and leave enough functional space to get around/get dressed. :D
I'll admit that there's probably < 2ft of space down one side of the bed and you're not swinging cats on the other sides. The bed was assembled in the room and will need to get disassembled if/when it ever needs to come out of there.
if you are skinny and very long, I guess
You've met me :D