Quantcast

>> A case of the Mondays GTM >>

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I mean... I'm no doctor, and do like a wee nip now and then, but if you're getting literally piss-drunk, I think that it might be a problem. :think:
two kids have slowed the pace down a bit....

all social gatherings are kid friendly....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
At the dealers for oil change service.

"The tech thinks you need new cabin and engine air filters. We can do that quickly for just $120"
Nope, as that's $40ish in parts and five minutes to fit.

"The terminals on your battery are showing some corrosion. Would you like us to fix it and then stream clean your engine bay?"
How about you sell me some new muffler bearings and I'll take a second set for @scrublover while you're at it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

"The tech thinks you need new cabin and engine air filters. We can do that quickly for just $120"

"The terminals on your battery are showing some corrosion. Would you like us to fix it and then stream clean your engine bay?"
How about you sell me some new muffler bearings and I'll take a second set for @scrublover while you're at it.

My car has a top mounted filter. With a vacuum pump I can change the oil through the dipstick without crawling under the car in less time than it would take to drive to the dealer/jiffy lube. I drop the old oil off at an oil recycling tank that is at my friend's marina when I help him work on his boat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

I've had shops do that to me before. One said that I had a broken lug. I had literally just installed my wheels and driven there, so watching them backtrack was fun. Another gave me a list of fluids and belts to change, which had just been done. Also fun to watch them backtrack.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

You should visit any Volvo dealer in greater Boston, those fuckers were artists inventing shit on the fly. :mad:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I had a lube place tell me my tranny was low on fluids. I told them that I had just topped it off and that if the dipstick was low they better replace what they drained out with Mercon SP gratis or some heads were literally gonna roll as I told them change the oil and touch nothing else. They added back in two quarts. Funny thing how they went out of business two months later by order of the DA

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a lube place tell me my tranny was low on fluids. I told them that I had just topped it off and that if the dipstick was low they better replace what they drained out with Mercon SP gratis or some heads were literally gonna roll as I told them change the oil and touch nothing else. They added back in two quarts. Funny thing how they went out of business two months later by order of the DA

Buddy of mine went to a Toyota dealership to get his oil changed. Transmission acted up on the way out and the engine started to smoke. They drained his transmission oil and added an extra five quarts to the engine.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What about their partners?
they had the occasional show dog in the house that slept on the bed....the one that won westminister the last year i worked for them got the most house time that year....when the handler finally returned her....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Since the start of Le Plague I've been changing the oil on the Toaster. Full synthetic oil for a third of what the local place charges. When I do it there are no drips on the driveway and no one tells me what else that's not broke but needs fixin.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I've had shops do that to me before. One said that I had a broken lug. I had literally just installed my wheels and driven there, so watching them backtrack was fun. Another gave me a list of fluids and belts to change, which had just been done. Also fun to watch them backtrack.
It sucks that places like that exist, the apprentices that work with me get in to trouble for checking and saying that an air filter or sparkplug is okay on the service sheet. There's no way I'm letting them change them if they look fine, that's not company policy though, I say fuck the company!