Quantcast

a Class on Winter bike commuting

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I think it's awesome! I love how much REI is a member of the community and not just some retail outlet.

And frankly, it's "easy" for us, but commuting isn't easy to the average person and winter commuting is downright frightening.

props REI!

And Splat, that'd be cool if you taught such classes and you most certainly could, but that'd be time out of your day from your family.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I used to commute from Belmont MA to South Boston along the Charles. I would go from snow to ice to rain for every workday for like 3 months. I taught me everything I ever needed to know about winter riding.

C.P.

Monkey
Jan 18, 2004
SouthEastern Massachusetts
I used to commute from Belmont MA to South Boston along the Charles. I would go from snow to ice to rain for every workday for like 3 months. I taught me everything I ever needed to know about winter riding.
I used to do almost the same commute daily - more then 10 years ago...Watertown Square to Copley/Back Bay, all along the Charles. My co-workers thought I was nuts, b/c I had a paid parking spot (at the Hancock garage/Copley station) as a perk...they just didn't understand...

Splat, you could teach that class for sure!

splat

Nam I am
I mean I really think they should more , just havea class on Bicycle commuting , becasue most people who are going to commute in the winter by bike , already commute and have learned about being prepared for what ever the weather throws at them the hard way . lets be resonalbe any of us who have done it, have also frozen our fingers and toes multiple times!

Lets Be resonalble , start with just getting people on the bike , and warn then to look out for doors , dog walkers , morons shaving/dinking coffe /reading paper while driving , etc .

Broadway in Cambridge to Draper Labs nee MIT Instrumentation Labs and to Northeastern with side trips all over the place. Trusty steeds were Raleigh three speeds.
:stupid:

Mine was the Plasma Fusison Center at MIT in Cambridge and Northeastern.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Your REI doesn't have beginner cycling classes? The main one in Denver is always offering all sorts of classes.