Quantcast

A couple of pics from Stewart

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
This was my first time out with my SLR, so I had to get some settings taken care of, and this was my test shot.

Now on to the riding:
Beth cruising along the singletrack.

Myself climbing a small rock ledge.

It was reasonably dry, but there were plenty of puddles here and there.

We stopped for a cliff bar for a moment, and got lovely group shots.

Then we came across this nice roller:

Aubrey was enjoying herself:

More roller:

Aubrey traversing one of the large puddles (rather deep too).

Beth doing the same:

That looks like it could be Stosh's new hardtail, but I'm not sure...He didn't ride it, just carried it along to look stylish.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
First try at sewing pics together.

splat said:
Nice pics ! some of that looks familiar.

where is the pic of lying on the ground with the crime scene look ?
It doesn't exist since I had the camera in my pack while I was face down on the ground. :D

Tame Ape said:
How far is Stewart from NYC? At some point I'd like to get up there with my SS
I'd say around 75 miles from NYC to Newburgh. Probably around an hour and a half.

McGRP01 said:
Nice pics Rob! :thumb:

What width are Stosh's bars? They look kinda wide to me for a XC bike.
Not exactly sure the width. They do look a little wide in that picture, but it may be the angle. They appeared to be pretty reasonable width. Probabl;y best to drop him a PM about it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
McGRP01 said:
Nice pics Rob! :thumb:

What width are Stosh's bars? They look kinda wide to me for a XC bike.
yeah they totally are. Funny that you could tell that from the pic.

I need to cut them and I will be doing that before my next ride.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
hey Splat, there are no pics of a bloodied Rob because some people's first reaction to seeing a rider hit the pavement is to help them first, not whip out a camera ;)

Anyway, great pics from a great ride!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
hey Splat, there are no pics of a bloodied Rob because some people's first reaction to seeing a rider hit the pavement is to help them first, not whip out a camera ;)

You of course went to help him only after you properly introduced him.

splat

Nam I am
bluebug32 said:

as I recall , I made sure you were Ok . and since you took your time getting your breath back , I decided to snap off a picture or 2 :)

BTW Rob , what type of SLR Camera ?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
stosh said:
yeah they totally are. Funny that you could tell that from the pic.

I need to cut them and I will be doing that before my next ride.

Why not just leave them wide? What's wrong with extra leverage and balance? I wish I had 28" wide bars on all my mountain bikes, but unfortunately, life isn't perfect.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
bikenweed said:
Why not just leave them wide? What's wrong with extra leverage and balance? I wish I had 28" wide bars on all my mountain bikes, but unfortunately, life isn't perfect.
Some East Coast US trails are tight and lined with trees, bars that are too wide could have a chance of getting you stuck in between two trees, which wouldn't be a good thing. Or if you didn't get stuck, you might scrape your knuckles really hard on the tree trunk - stuff like that.

That's why in some instances and on some trails on the East Coast, wide bars can hinder a rider in certain situations.

More pics of Stosh's Zion please. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
bikenweed said:
28"? How does that affect your handling on tight singletrack? I run 27"'s on my DH bike.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Just for splat:

All those red areas are places I USED to have skin. The two really disgusting parts were affirmed in the er to be "down to the tendon" and "very nice". Gotta love the weird Hungarian doc I had. She was nice though.

And there's the hip pointer. I don't generally bruise much at all, but this thing is the size of a grapefruit and right over the greater troch (that part of your hip that sticks out and sits right at hand level if you stand with hands by your side). Really fvcking tender spot.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bikenweed said:
I tend to over steer on climbs with the bars to long.