Quantcast

A Couple of Pics of my new (to me) Bike!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well on Saturday evening I drove down to NYS to meet up with Phil, fellow monkey, to exchange frames and get my new FS rig built up. Phil is a cool guy and was really friendly and helpful to me. And he has a kickass family too.

Lives in the same apt. complex as Paul Jr. of Orange County Chopper fame - pretty cool! :cool: I got to see Paul Jr's huge black Humvee drive in.

I also got to meet Stosh and his GF. they are very nice peeps. We all chowed down on pizza and wings at about the 3/4 mark of the bike build up.

All in all it was a great time and I'm totally psyched about my new ride - a 2002 Cheeta Prowler with Romic shock and a 2002 White Bros. DH2 fork up front!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
What was the little rascal who always had the black eye? That should be your new nickname.

MMcG said:
Well on Saturday evening I drove down to NYS to meet up with Phil, fellow monkey, to exchange frames and get my new FS rig built up. Phil is a cool guy and was really friendly and helpful to me. And he has a kickass family too.

Lives in the same apt. complex as Paul Jr. of Orange County Chopper fame - pretty cool! :cool: I got to see Paul Jr's huge black Humvee drive in.

I also got to meet Stosh and his GF. they are very nice peeps. We all chowed down on pizza and wings at about the 3/4 mark of the bike build up.

All in all it was a great time and I'm totally psyched about my new ride - a 2002 Cheeta Prowler with Romic shock and a 2002 White Bros. DH2 fork up front!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
MMcG said:

Cool, welcome to the dark side :evil: How does the bike feel? Going for the big test ride next weekend?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Petey was the best TV dog ever!!!!

I've never really thought about TV dogs before but I guess as far as TV dogs go he was one of the best.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
coolness MMcG!!

little tip though. order you some slider guards from Go-Ride, with the stanchions being where they are on an inverted fork, there's a higher chance of nicks and scratches to the stanchions down there.

otherwise, tear it up man!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Stosh - great to meet you - let's ride soon

Brian - I hope to take her out for a good ride this week after work sometime and then for some DHing soon after

Narlus - thanks - the frame fits me really well. Just need to ride it and fine tune the fork and shock methinks

Cooter - yep - the fork definitely needs some stanchion guards. I'm gonna call Go-Ride and also WB and whoever has em for the cheapest gets my business. :D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
MMcG said:
Stosh - great to meet you - let's ride soon

Brian - I hope to take her out for a good ride this week after work sometime and then for some DHing soon after

Narlus - thanks - the frame fits me really well. Just need to ride it and fine tune the fork and shock methinks

Cooter - yep - the fork definitely needs some stanchion guards. I'm gonna call Go-Ride and also WB and whoever has em for the cheapest gets my business. :D
PM me for guards

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
That's one of Phil's daughters jackass.
yes I am a jackass.........I should have known from looking at the picture that it was phil's daughter because it says it on the back of her shirt....I was just kidding around man, go out and enjoy your new bike ASAP so you don't have to call people names on ridemonkey :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jmvar said:
yes I am a jackass.........I should have known from looking at the picture that it was phil's daughter because it says it on the back of her shirt....I was just kidding around man, go out and enjoy your new bike ASAP so you don't have to call people names on ridemonkey :)
No hard feelings bro - just kind of pissed me off at the moment -

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
MMcG, absolutely no hard feelings.....great rig man I hope you enjoy the hell out of it and maybe we will catch up at a resort on the east coast some time!!!!!!! I went to Mountain Creek in NJ the weekend before last and it was increadible...

what other bikes do you ride?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jmvar said:
MMcG, absolutely no hard feelings.....great rig man I hope you enjoy the hell out of it and maybe we will catch up at a resort on the east coast some time!!!!!!! I went to Mountain Creek in NJ the weekend before last and it was increadible...

what other bikes do you ride?
I have a Balfa Belair, a Jamis Quest road bike, a Marin Nail Trail, a Univega Supra Sport (80s era roadie), a Haro F5 BMX bike, and now the Cheeta Prowler.

I plan to have a ton of fun on the Cheeta - most definitely.

Cheers,

Mark

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Sweet ride, Mark! Congratulations! Boy, I can't believe you have a whole stable of bikes already! Are you going to try any racing? That would be fun!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
KPicha said:
Sweet ride, Mark! Congratulations! Boy, I can't believe you have a whole stable of bikes already! Are you going to try any racing? That would be fun!

I tried one XC race Kristina, but my derailleur snapped in two and I got a DNF, but I plan to race again.

I'm also doing the 24 Hours of Adrenaline at Dalton, MA with I Are Baboon, Douglas, Jollytime, and Splat - with justbill and Jdcamb as our team volunteers as well.

Not sure about DH racing yet - maybe someday.

Cheers,

Mark

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Thanks. Pinchy is famous now! :D

I guess that the mods loosened the restrictions on who can or can't have an avatar...... :dancing:

Maybe they know you are good Peeps Mackie!! :thumb:

We need to get together for a ride after Dalton or something. :)

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Maybe they know you are good Peeps Mackie!! :thumb:

We need to get together for a ride after Dalton or something. :)
We sure do. After Dalton, and before Lil' Mackie shows up in September.
:help:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
We sure do. After Dalton, and before Lil' Mackie shows up in September.
:help:
I forgot about Little Mackie! Will little Mackie be riding a pink or blue bike when he/she is of riding age? Or will it be a surprise?