Quantcast

A Couple Photos.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
I was bored today so I thought I would snap a few photos. I really like these two. Tell me what you guys think, comment and tips are appriciated.

My flickr account is full for uploading this month, so I had to use photobucket.

Specialized cable guide:

Sram logo on cassette:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Look for HighRevs in the South forum. That dude has the most amazing photography I've ever seen. I even hired him to shoot my wedding last Sept.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Thanks for the tip HAB, another buddy of mine said the same thing. He also suggested an external light source.

Here's what it turned out like.

I'm going to keep practicing though, maybe get a banger.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Thanks! I haven't heard of POTN, I'll have to check it out though.
I'm hooked.

Here's some more from tonight :p, I wish I could upload to my flickr though, it might be time to go pro.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I'm really feeling a new camera. Mine has no light sensor, no manual focus, is only 3 megapixels, and the ISO only goes down to 50. This was taken before I realized there was a huge smudge on the lens, but I'm way too lazy to go re-shoot.
Linky

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Cool shot! That seat looks like lots of fun. :D

50 ISO is pretty low (maybe you meant up/faster?). My 20D goes from 100 - 3200 ISO. I wish it would go a lot lower.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Above photo was shot with an ISO of 50.

The 20D only goes down to 100? Woa...

I've had great results shooting in the lowest ISO possible. Especially for my crappy point and shoot Canon. Heck, even with my Nikon N2000 film camera, I've been using the lowest speed film I can find. I've noticed that higher ISO settings make things get awfully grainy really fast.

I understand that for action photos, a higher ISO is good, but I don't take pictures of bullets shooting out of guns. 400 is plenty fast for most of my needs, but on my camera, the shots look like crap at 400.

So yeah, I wanna experiment with lower ISO settings... and I was dreaming of buying a used 20D one of these days...

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
with point and shoots they typically let your have a lower iso number, i know my kodak was an iso of 80, yet at iso 400 it was like shooting iso 3200 on my nikon. point and shoots just give a number, i dont think they are accurate.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I use 100 most of the time, even for sports. I usually don't do above about 1/350 for biking to keep the wheels blurred. If it's dark i'll have to up up the ISO if I'm already using a wide aperture and low shutter speed..

If my camera had lower than 100 ISO, I could use lower shutter speeds and wider apertures when it's really bright. The only thing to do is use a neutral density filter. I think the 1D's go down to 50.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
with point and shoots they typically let your have a lower iso number, i know my kodak was an iso of 80, yet at iso 400 it was like shooting iso 3200 on my nikon. point and shoots just give a number, i dont think they are accurate.
I think you're right on the inaccuracy of the cheap point-and-shoots. I'm glad mine allows so much manual control, but it's time for a new camera one of these days.

Here's a few more from the weekend:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Look for HighRevs in the South forum. That dude has the most amazing photography I've ever seen. I even hired him to shoot my wedding last Sept.
Hey thanks for the support man. I recently had an image published if that counts of anything.