Quantcast

A couple S-shoe pics

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Those pics make it look like SS was all clean and fast! Where are the sloppy pictures of packed up tires, mud covered drivetrains, and superslow riding? And dead owls mangled in bikes? :evil: :D :monkey:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
does that rock drop flow with the trail, I can't tell if it's in the trail or roped off outside of the trail?

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Castle said:
does that rock drop flow with the trail, I can't tell if it's in the trail or roped off outside of the trail?
it's part of the sport course if its the rock im thinking of.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
That's the drop on the opposite side of the lift as last year's finish area (to the right of the lift when looking up the hill)...comes out at the top of the little gravel hill right above the lift station. The drop and the trail leading into it are part of the pro/expert course. It's a fast, turny singletrack through the woods with a sharp-ish right into the drop...so, the flow is real nice.

I thought the sport course was unchanged. Is that where it finishes this year?

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I'm not sure how they're going to run that section though. The tape that was up last weekend only allowed you to drop the rock to say inside the tape; there was no ride-around that was in the tape. There was obviously a trail around it but outside it was techincally off course. The only thing I could think is that they'll put a hard, sharp turn by the road if you decide not to drop off the rock, thereby making it beneficial timewise to hit the rock since the line is more direct.

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
BTW, I'ml ooking for a place to crash at Snowshoe for the race. Anybodygot any extra room? Floor w/sleeping bag is fine. I'll be driving from Charlottesville Fri night or Sat morning if anyone needs a lift.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Matt D said:
So you brought it inside? :confused: :eek:

Seriously i woulda freaked out and knocked it outta my bike the second i saw it on the roof. I'm guessing that is mike van curren's bike.

sandmanRD

Chimp
Jun 7, 2004
Richmond, VA
Fortunatley someone who is not scared of dead things was there to pull it out of the bike for him. seriously though, I am really glad you waited till we got there so we could see it.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
did anyone end up taking any pics of the XC riders? in particular, the expert women? in particular, me?