Quantcast

A downside to the Bush victory....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
But back to the original point, she's far more than a Bush lapdog as some have suggested.
ok, so she has original ideas. i should hope she does, given that she wrote a phd dissertation. unfortunately, whether due to it being partly her own doing or due to other reasons, she, and the rest of the bush camp (with the exception of powell as above) missed the ball on iraq.

being part of the best and the brightest II might make her more than a lapdog, but she's either beholden to or blinded by the power of the throne imo.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Silver said:
I'm talking miltarily. Russia has no money. Zip...zero...and once the price of oil goes down, they are going to have even less.
Hey, I didnt say it. Condoleeza did. I was just saying that she didnt simply fall in line with Bush's views and that was an example. Her reasoning sounded good to me at the time, but I honestly dont remember it. :confused:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Silver said:
I'm talking miltarily. Russia has no money. Zip...zero...and once the price of oil goes down, they are going to have even less.
Correct. They still have an ostensibly formidible military. However they have zero capacity to move or support it beyond their own borders. Therefore, excepting long range nukes, they are a non threat.